shirley the wrecking crew?

Jesse Screed

8 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Huh ?

😙

Kenny

This from wikipedia concerning the album this song was recorded on

"Consistent with all of the Partridges' eight studio albums, the record was produced by Wes Farrell for Coral Rock Productions, and released on Bell Records. Farrell arranged the rhythm tracks, and Mike Melvoin arranged the strings and horns. The disc was engineered by Bob Kovach, with assistant engineer Winston Wong. As with all of the group's releases, the album features some of the era's most highly regarded studio musicians, better known as "the Wrecking Crew": Hal Blaine (drums), Mike Melvoin (keyboards), Dennis Budimir (guitar), Louie Shelton (guitar), Larry Carlton (guitar), Tommy Tedesco (guitar) and Max Bennett (bass). And once again members of the Ron Hicklin Singers – brothers John and Tom Bahler, Ron Hicklin and Jackie Ward – feature prominently as backing vocalists throughout the album, with arrangements by John Bahler."

My whole point is that we often dismiss great music based on perceptions, not reality, although it has been said "perception is reality," but maybe not the truth.

Besides Kenny, admit it, you thought Susan Dey was wonderful, and to bad Shirley Jones was more mature than you.😉

Edited by Jesse Screed
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Perception is not reality, but reality can only be perceived!

(For example, should your perception tell you that the becan on my plate is yours, you will not be happy with the reality!  Heck, finer restaurants even give you an extra fork which I presume is meant to be used to defend your food, ya? 😁)

man-hand-holding-fork-isolated-260nw-722

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

This from wikipedia concerning the album this song was recorded on

"Consistent with all of the Partridges' eight studio albums, the record was produced by Wes Farrell for Coral Rock Productions, and released on Bell Records. Farrell arranged the rhythm tracks, and Mike Melvoin arranged the strings and horns. The disc was engineered by Bob Kovach, with assistant engineer Winston Wong. As with all of the group's releases, the album features some of the era's most highly regarded studio musicians, better known as "the Wrecking Crew": Hal Blaine (drums), Mike Melvoin (keyboards), Dennis Budimir (guitar), Louie Shelton (guitar), Larry Carlton (guitar), Tommy Tedesco (guitar) and Max Bennett (bass). And once again members of the Ron Hicklin Singers – brothers John and Tom Bahler, Ron Hicklin and Jackie Ward – feature prominently as backing vocalists throughout the album, with arrangements by John Bahler."

I hate to break it to you my friend . Aside from the fact that I certainly know who the wrecking crew are , in all honesty I couldn't give two $h1ts about the Partridge Family .

I didn't care for them when they were popular and for some odd reason I still feel the same way today .

I suppose it is because at the time I  was getting into Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton , Mountain , Johnny Winter, The Who , Led Zeppelin , Carlos Santana , Roy Buchanan , Wes Montgomery , Grant Green , George Benson , Black Sabbath, Deep Purple , Jethro Tull ,  sigh ....to name a few of the Musicians and bands I enjoyed listening too.  😉

My whole point is that we often dismiss great music based on perceptions, not reality, although it has been said "perception is reality," but maybe not the truth.

You are entitled to your opinion even though I don't share it ....I suspect your Idea of Great Music and my Idea of Great Music may be miles apart .

Say !  you might benefit from brushing up on The Scientific Facts surrounding how human beings process reality on a neurological level 😉

On a physiological level the  neurological systems in your body do not differentiate between reality or non reality .  What you think and what you feel is real on a neurological level to those systems of your body . Meditation , Visualization ,Prayer and positive reinforcement are some of the ways we can try to grab the bull  by the horns and try to make this work in our favor .  Yet in fact most of all of this ( the deep stuff )  is under subconscious control. You do have access to little more than a sliver of control on a conscious level of mind .

Let me give you an example ...

We all know that Superman can't fly , see through lead walls, leap tall buildings with a single bound and stop bullets ...

Yet through the power of our conscious mind we can choose to suspend our belief  of the facts and choose to just go along with the ride / intended out come of the stimuli we have  willingly  decided to participate and interact with 🧐

Besides Kenny, admit it, you thought Susan Dey was wonderful, and to bad Shirley Jones was more mature than you.😉

No I do not think so . In those days I was much more into Raquel Welch  ,  Farrah Fawcett ...and in a pinch Maureen McCormick...

Oh Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! 😜

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

18 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

In those days I was much more into Raquel Welch  ,  Farrah Fawcett ...

Some stupid (but fun!) trivia:

Farrah babysat my friend's brother when she was young, and... my father actually went out with Raquel before he met my Mom!  (Just learned that second one going through family stuff last year!  Way to go Dad!  But, thanks for picking my Mom or else I wouldn't be here!  LOL! 😆)

15 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I hate to break it to you my friend . Aside from the fact that I certainly know who the wrecking crew are , in all honesty I couldn't give two $h1ts about the Partridge Family .

I didn't care for them when they were popular and for some odd reason I still feel the same way today .

I suppose it is because at the time I  was getting into Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton , Mountain , Johnny Winter, The Who , Led Zeppelin , Carlos Santana , Roy Buchanan , Wes Montgomery , Grant Green , George Benson , Black Sabbath, Deep Purple , Jethro Tull ,  sigh ....to name a few of the Musicians and bands I enjoyed listening too.  😉

You are entitled to your opinion even though I don't share it ....I suspect your Idea of Great Music and my Idea of Great Music may be miles apart .

Say !  you might benefit from brushing up on The Scientific Facts surrounding how human beings process reality on a neurological level 😉

On a physiological level the  neurological systems in your body do not differentiate between reality or non reality .  What you think and what you feel is real on a neurological level to those systems of your body . Meditation , Visualization ,Prayer and positive reinforcement are some of the ways we can try to grab the bull  by the horns and try to make this work in our favor .  Yet in fact most of all of this ( the deep stuff )  is under subconscious control. You do have access to little more than a sliver of control on a conscious level of mind .

Let me give you an example ...

We all know that Superman can't fly , see through lead walls, leap tall buildings with a single bound and stop bullets ...

Yet through the power of our conscious mind we can choose to suspend our belief  of the facts and choose to just go along with the ride / intended out come of the stimuli we have  willingly  decided to participate and interact with 🧐

No I do not think so . In those days I was much more into Raquel Welch  ,  Farrah Fawcett ...and in a pinch Maureen McCormick...

Oh Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! 😜

Kenny

Oh Kenny, jeepers.  Thanks for the edumacation though.  Who's Jimi Hendrix?

• Meh 1

4 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Oh Kenny, jeepers.  Thanks for the edumacation though.  Who's Jimi Hendrix?

You like to play games don't you ? 

Why not start a thread with a completely  hidden ambiguous  message not even mentioned in any way shape or form in the opening post and then expect people to rumble around and try to read your twisted mind with the hopes of trying to figure out the context of WTF you are talking about ...

Yeah Right Carry on.

Kenny

38 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

You like to play games don't you ? 

Why not start a thread with a completely  hidden ambiguous  message not even mentioned in any way shape or form in the opening post and then expect people to rumble around and try to read your twisted mind with the hopes of trying to figure out the context of WTF you are talking about ...

Yeah Right Carry on.

Kenny

Kenny, I suggest you take a deep breath, have a bran muffin, then take a nice nap.  It will do wonders for you.

• Meh 1

3 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Kenny, I suggest you take a deep breath, have a bran muffin, then take a nice nap.  It will do wonders for you.

You should have let it go when I said Huh ? to your opening post . Then we would have been cool 😉

Since that is above and beyond your limited cognitive abilities .

May I suggest you close your eyes , take a deep breath , and Kiss My 

article-2134453-12BDA96C000005DC-649_634

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

8 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

You should have let it go when I said Huh ? to your opening post . Then we would have been cool 😉

Since that is above and beyond your limited cognitive abilities .

May I suggest you close your eyes , take a deep breath , and Kiss My 

article-2134453-12BDA96C000005DC-649_634

Kenny

Oh, I'm cool Kenny, no need to worry about that.  You be you Kenny.  I hope you feel better soon!