N.G.D. Epiphone ES 335

Grem

This was delivered several days ago.  Just got to playing it last night. 

20221022_205515.thumb.jpg.d3aa95cf934bfe63820bac1b385ac697.jpg

Features: 

BodyShapeES-335

Material5-ply Layered Maple

Top5-ply Layered Maple

Binding Single ply Cream - Top, Back and Fretboard

Finish Glossy, Sixties Cherry

NeckOne Piece Mahogany

Profile Rounded C

Nut Width1.69" / 43mm

Fingerboard Indian Laurel

Scale Length24.75" / 628.65mm

Number of Frets22

NutGraph Tech® 

InlaySmall Block

Hardware Bridge Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic

Tailpiece Maestro Vibrola

Tuners Epiphone Deluxe with Double Ring Buttons

Plating Nickel

Electronics Neck Pickup Gibson BurstBucker 2

Bridge Pickup Gibson BurstBucker 3

Controls2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS Potentiometers, and Mallory Capacitors

• Like 4

Is it New Gear Day already??? 😮

Must be.  I just went with my roommate on Friday as he picked up a sweet Epiphone SG Double-Neck (in Wine red).  The 12-string side is worth the whole price!  Though it IS weird playing a guitar where the necks seem heavier than the body which makes it more difficult to play (reminds me of the old Kramer's that had an aluminum neck!).

Good looking guitar Grem (aka Michael)! 😁

• Like 1

That is one pretty lady! Congrats, man.

And it comes with a pair of Gibson humbuckers?! Amazing.

The Epi headstock is always a bit of hit or miss for me but on this guitar, I think it works perfectly.

And I also love the ivory-type tuners (I prefer those to regular chrome ones, personally). 

Had an Epi Riviera that I really liked, although it wasn't on the high end like this guitar. After the car accident that messed up my shoulder, I noticed I couldn't play big guitars anymore so I had to sell it. But man, I wish I could at least try one of those ES-335! I'm sure it sounds as gorgeous as it looks.

Enjoy!

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

The neck on it is much thinner than I thought it would be. Feels really good all the way up and down the neck. Sound is fantastic. I wasn't expecting such a rich and bright sound.

Surprisingly the tremolo bar works really well so far. I mean you can hear the effect of it and it hasn't fallen out of tune or any strings getting stuck or "flexing". 

The pics really doesn't do the color justice. Digital cameras don't do red well. But it is an excellent cherry red.

I haven't really got to bond with it yet. That will come in a day or two. 

I am extremely pleased at the quality that I have gotten from my two Epiphone's. I only have one small complaint with both of them is the frets are not polished enough for my taste. Very small detail!!

Other than that, both guitar's frets are smooth on the edge and all sit flat up against the fretboard. Nut is gauged for the size stings on them and don't stick or bind. 

Binding on  both guitars is really good. Smooth and well finished.

@Rain I also like the tuner heads too. They do look good.

• Like 1