ProjectSAM Swing! and Symphobia Series 50% Off at NI

Reid Rosefelt

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:28 AM, emeraldsoul said:

Swing More looks interesting ($199) but I just need convincing horns. There doesn't seem to be a library that can do this well. I just want a Tower of Power vsti for $29 - is that too much to ask??? :)

Bad one's I've tried:

Chris Hein Compact (extremely lifeless, and based on that, I didn't want to pop for the four pro versions)

Broadway Gig (a couple usable patches, but meh overall, and the "pro" version is 2 grand, and the company itself seems out of commission)

BigFish Vintage Horns 2 (I like it a lot, has some good tones and kind of realistic in spots)

Blue Brass (fun mixture of new and old horns, has some realism as well)

I've researched but do not have NI's Session Horns Pro (doesn't sound at all real to me but others like it)

ditto for Vir2 Mojo 2

What about the brand new Eastwest "Hollywood Pop Brass" - sounds decent but it's 100% ensembles, no individual players, and it's $399

Maybe it's Orchestral Tools "Glory Days Big Band Brass" which sounds really good but it's $800.

sorry for the rant, I've just been scouring the universe for options here - any other ideas? Anyone have and like Swing More?

Hi Emerald,

I was just checking out Hevocity's 50% off sale and thought you might be interested in FORZO:  https://heavyocity.com/product/forzo/

It also got an excellent review over here: https://soundbytesmag.net/cinemania-forzo-by-heavyocity/

You may (or not) have to give up on food for awhile ;)

14 minutes ago, Zo said:

don't know where do you guyz see a 199 $ price for swing more ?

You probably saw that for "Swing!" 

"Swing!" is $179.  but it's  higher than that for people who live in places where NI charges tax.   $195 for New Yorkers, for example. 

Swing More!" is $229, and with NY tax it's $249.

If you wanna swing more, you gotta pay more.

I ended up biting the bullet and getting this.  The two of them together make one library.  There's stuff missing from both, but together it all works.

I feel the same way about Inspire 1 and 2, except those two are still incomplete, and Inspire won't be a full library until Inspire 3 comes out. 

7 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

If you wanna swing more, you gotta pay more.

I ended up biting the bullet and getting this.  The two of them together make one library.  There's stuff missing from both, but together it all works.

I feel the same way about Inspire 1 and 2, except those two are still incomplete, and Inspire won't be a full library until Inspire 3 comes out. 

If you had to keep one ?

14 hours ago, Zo said:

If you had to keep one ?

For me, it would be "Swing!"  I checked them both out, learned what they both had, and picked "Swing!" for my first purchase.  More importantly, I've used it in a track, and I'm not giving that up.   I loved it so much I  bought "Swing More!"  But I have specific tracks I want to do now that require "Swing More!"

The real answer is that each library has different things.  Read the list of instruments on the ProjectSAM site.  If you want solo saxophones then the choice is "Swing More!"  But if you want a sweet muted trumpet, that's only in "Swing!"  If you can't buy both, buy the one that will help you make a track.

On 7/16/2019 at 6:16 AM, Mesh said:

Hi Emerald,

I was just checking out Hevocity's 50% off sale and thought you might be interested in FORZO:  https://heavyocity.com/product/forzo/

It also got an excellent review over here: https://soundbytesmag.net/cinemania-forzo-by-heavyocity/

You may (or not) have to give up on food for awhile ;)

Thanks for that, Grem. Forzo sounds big and cinematic, sounds great but I have Cinebrass already and I'm shooting for tight jazz funk. Obliged nonetheless.