Hyperion Strings Elements released - intro price $79

Amicus717

Thanks Amicus. I bought micro but the email I got tonight tells me all about Elements but I don’t see a voucher anywhere. I also checked my Soundiron account.

I will email Soundiron and see what they say.

1 hour ago, Glyn Barnes said:

I just received the upgrade email today so it seems they may be sending them out in batches. Given how much I like Micro I jumped on the offer. I am downloading now.

Thanks for the heads up Glyn.

I never got a reply to my email to support so I am inclined to pass. It's not like I don't have enough string libraries 🙄 

On 7/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, Monomox said:

I didn't get an email. Support told me that it was because I bought the library at a retailer. I sent them the invoice and got a discount  code in return. 

They have now got back to me and gave me the same reason (I bought the library at T&S).  So I have sent them a copy of my invoice and await a response 🤞🏻

Update : they got straight back to me with a discount code 👍

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

So this sale ends on the 25th, AFAIK. I was set on buying this, but I got cold feet today. Do you know how this compares to NI's Session Strings Pro? I  have Komplete 11 and like Session Horns Pro a lot (haven't had the opportunity to play with Session Strings, though). I also have Hyperion micro, which gets to 90% of the things I want to do. I don't do orchestral/classical stuff, just pop, rock, etc. Any thoughts? 

• Like 1

Session Strings non-Pro is kind of weak

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/session-strings/comparison-chart/

Session Strings Pro is pretty decent (and Session Strings Pro 2 is really decent).  All of them are more likely better fits for Pop/Rock than Hyperion Elements.

While this sale (and the coupon for Micro purchasers) is a pretty good deal, I think it's fair to bet an offer this good will come again.  You might have to wait a while but this isn't a one time, once in a lifetime, never to be repeated, not to be missed deal.  They will be releasing more Hyperion String libraries, so there will be no end to deals anytime soon.

Given you already have micro, I'd say you don't have to get this.  Micro does cover a lot of basic ground.  Take the time and use Session Strings and Hyperion Micro and work out what your missing.  When you know what you really need, deciding on Hyperion Elements won't be that hard.

On the other hand if you need/want a Kontakt Player string library and don't require crazy articulations/features this is about the best price/value I've seen.  For me it's biggest problem is that it doesn't do anything vastly different or better than every other string library I have does.  I have so many string libraries that this one just doesn't shine above the rest for any task.  It has potential though and is nice enough to work with it might be a good choice for "I just want a string library, nothing fancy".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

I also decided to put the money to use elsewhere Mono. Got way too many string libraries some of which I think sound better than this to my ears. 

Which ones in the same level sound do you think sound better?

2 hours ago, Monomox said:

Which ones in the same level sound do you think sound better?

The ones that I use over and over are Miroslav Philharmonic 2 and Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Instruments and sometimes Halion Symphonic Orchestra.

I'm no expert at strings but just use whatever sounds right to my ears in a song (usually pop/rock genre).

• Like 2