Please update CAL

Toy

I think that "Cakewalk Application Language" is a very significant function not found in other software.
However, updates and bugs have been neglected for a long time.

Minimal additions and functions I want to improve.
· Change the event so that it is executed by referring to the event sequentially from the beginning. (* It is currently irregularly referenced. Is this a bug?)
· Correspond to tempo editing.  (* insert, delete, etc...)
· The current variable corresponds to an array.

I have various other ideas, but I'd like these three points to be improved for the time being.

This sentence uses google translation.

Tedious stuff. I was given hundreds of live recorded piano covers midi files to process them and make ready to print as score sheets for third party score software. I had to manually separate left and right hand, clean, quantize, undupe, make legato etc. CAL, interpolate and multitrack prv were my best friends :)

Back in the Cakewalk ProAudio days, you could use "Record Macro" to create a CAL program for you. There was pretty much a one-to-one mapping between the available menus and the CAL functions available. Of course in those days, MIDI functionality was king with only a basic support and a handful of functions for audio tracks / audio operations.

When CAL was deprecated, new SONAR / Cakewalk menu functions weren't added and the Record Macro facility was removed.

The old menu calls still work however, and CAL is still very useful for manipulating MIDI.

I guess it would be nice if the CbB devs at least provided CAL functions for the new menu functions that are available in Cakewalk, but to be honest I've not really found a need for them for a long while.

There's quite a few suggestions for 3rd party workarounds in the link in scook's post. 

So although it's unlikely CAL will be updated, there's usually some way of working around it.

noel has also said it won;t get updated, then there was discussion about maybe using powershell scripting, but he said it would be a big effort deciding what to expose from the API coupled with the effort "its a big project and its been difficult to justify" http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3098713&p=2

and also http://forum.cakewalk.com/Feature-Requests-Improvements-New-2932018-m3742081-p17.aspx