Gibson Guitar Lovers Deal

jesse g

Hello everyone,

I just found this shop on reverb and wanted to share.

The Gibson Demo Shop is your direct source for one-of-a-kind prototypes, demo guitars, and factory mods at an exceptional value. You never know what you might find. All are straight from the Gibson warehouse in Nashville.

Take a peek and get yourself something nice ~~~>  Gibson Shop on Reverb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure why, but opening those sites always makes me cringe. The Les Paul style was one I had never owned, so I grabbed a kit from StewMac last year (they are back on sale again). The issue with Gibson's is that modifying them devalues them, but one can customize a kit to their heart's content. Many of these are simply the finish, and the kits come unfinished. The only non-kit parts I replaced were to install a roller bridge and Super Distortion in the bridge position. With a little elbow grease and patience (with complex finishing can take a few weeks to complete), they become one-of-a-kind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mettelus said:

I am not sure why, but opening those sites always makes me cringe. The Les Paul style was one I had never owned, so I grabbed a kit from StewMac last year (they are back on sale again). The issue with Gibson's is that modifying them devalues them, but one can customize a kit to their heart's content. Many of these are simply the finish, and the kits come unfinished. The only non-kit parts I replaced were to install a roller bridge and Super Distortion in the bridge position. With a little elbow grease and patience (with complex finishing can take a few weeks to complete), they become one-of-a-kind.

Mettelus,

Since these guitars all come from the Gibson warehouse, their value should be as shown.  (The Gibson Demo Shop is your direct source for one-of-a-kind prototypes, demo guitars, and factory mods at an exceptional value. You never know what you might find. All are straight from the Gibson warehouse in Nashville.)

I would love to buy a new guitar

I would love to build a new guitar

but I already more guitars than money

a 71 Hohner Acoustic

an 81 gibson firebrand 335

an 89 Goya Acoustic

a american deluxe strat

and a MIM Roland Ready Strat

but I sure do love reading about all this cool stuff

one of these days

On 10/21/2022 at 7:50 PM, Jesse Screed said:

already more guitars than money

I was playing my new Epiphone last night. When I came downstairs the wife asked me how many guitars I had. I had to stop and think,  then count....

Yeah, I got too many

Edited by Grem
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grem said:

I was playing my new Epiphone last night. When I came downstairs the wife asked me how many guitars I had. I had to stop and think,  then count....

Yeah, I got too many

Sorry Grem, no such thing as too many Guitars!!

Enjoy the Epiphone

I love Gibsons and Epiphones- got a few myself😎

cheers

Nigel

• Like 2

Guitar came today.  It's like brand new...but he didn't put the trem bar in the case...so not happy about that!
And he has petty heavy gauge strings on this thing for my taste.  Those will have to go.  Have to check it
out "electrically and mechanically" tomorrow

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

Just heard back...strings are .12 to .60.  Way to heavy for me!
And he has the trem bar...he's going to ship that out!

Holy cow, I didn't even know they made electric stings that heavy! Those are heavier than common acoustics (on the low end), and a 25.5" scale to boot... You could go bow hunting for wild game till the lighter guage comes in 😆. Definitely adjust that truss rod.

• Like 1

That's assuming normal tuning. 

.012 to .060 would be good (nay, desirable) if the beast is tuned down to D or C#.

SRV used to play anything from .011-.058 to .013-.060, depending who's telling the story. Yes, those are still heavy, but he also always tuned to Eb, so they weren't under as much tension as one might think.

Edited by John Bradley
  • Like 1