UJAM Sparkle 2 Released

cclarry

8 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I ... know from being on VI:Control that a lot of people think my music is crap, and that's fine.

On the contrary Reid. I’ve found many people on VI:Control hold you in some reverence and are often very complimentary. It’s a top forum and has some of the biggest names in music as members (though they don’t always reveal who they are). Unfortunately there are some others that are unable to articulate politely nor sensitively.

Personally I always look forward to your posts, videos and to hearing your music. Your appreciation of melody matches mine - and hopefully many others. I  like Ujam too although I find their interfaces unconventional and hard to operate, particularly  in real time. 

I also share your enthusiasm for BIAB (and Henry Clarke’s, unfortunately he only appears to post on PG Music forums).

Finally I think you are a true practioner of the old adage “10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration” and should be admired for it.

ATB

Ric

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ric said:

On the contrary Reid. I’ve found many people on VI:Control hold you in some reverence and are often very complimentary. It’s a top forum and has some of the biggest names in music as members (though they don’t always reveal who they are). Unfortunately there are some others that are unable to articulate politely nor sensitively.

There are a lot of nice and helpful people at VI:Control--that's why I go there. For the most part, people have been very kind in their reactions to my music.  There are the usual  types that feel it necessary to put me in my place.  That kind of high pomposity can be  funny.  There has only been one person who was truly mean, and it was on two occasions.  It was a well-known developer, and his attack was so nasty that some of the other people came to my defense.  And this was despite the fact that I told him I had purchased every single thing he had released, and had regularly praised his products everywhere.

I have never experienced any reaction to my music like that on this forum.   We are a good community that helps each other, so I always feel safe putting it up.

8 hours ago, Ric said:

Personally I always look forward to your posts, videos and to hearing your music. Your appreciation of melody matches mine - and hopefully many others. I  like Ujam too although I find their interfaces unconventional and hard to operate, particularly  in real time. 

I also share your enthusiasm for BIAB (and Henry Clarke’s, unfortunately he only appears to post on PG Music forums).

Finally I think you are a true practioner of the old adage “10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration” and should be admired for it.

ATB

Ric

Thank you so much, Ric.  I'll keep at it.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, antler said:

Didn't you report it? I thought VI was fairly well moderated.

It's been a while and prior to Mike Greene's purchase of VI Control, but I have witnessed some really bad behavior at VI Control that caused me to stop going there for several years after a composer attacked a sample developer who is a friend of mine and a pile on of a few bullies against him occurred. I attempted to appeal for the sake of civility and on behalf of my friend and after a few posts, a couple of the angry folks went after me too. There was a lot of nuanced stuff going on that the average VI Control visitor wouldn't know about, like one of the guys leading the charge against the dev was extremely anti-LGBTQ (his PMs to me actually referenced my friend's orientation; that individual knew that I'm straight and apparently thought I might be okay with his intolerant views) , but the developer he was attacking was a previous business partner of his, so there was venom and then the composer had bought several of the developer's libraries over the years and said they were all garbage (which was peculiar, because if a sample developer makes lousy libraries, why do you keep buying them over several years? A couple of people made that point, but the composer would respond that he couldn't fully explain it, that he was just trying to see if the dev finally figured out how to create a decent sample library). The venom transcended the sample libraries and was very personal, with the composer saying the dev should take his life, that it was worthless. It was really extreme. I was trying to make the appeal that hyper critical analysis of a sample library is totally fair and valuable, but personal attacks should be off limits. 

So, during the pandemic, I went back to VI Control and haven't seen any really terrible behavior. But I stopped going to KVR even though I made some real life friends there over the years -- friends I've met on three continents (over in Scotland, New Zealand and in the US, where I live) because sometimes the trolls get out of hand and it's just disappointing. Overall, I've found that some VI Control members can very snobby and KVR because it's so popular, can be a hub for trolls. While no forum is jerk free, I find there is a very low percentage of malicious, toxic people at this forum. That's why I spend most of my forum time here. The vast majority of this  community are  well-meaning and encouraging people. That's why I enjoy it so much. 

Two thumbs up for us! We're alright! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

On 10/23/2022 at 11:10 AM, PavlovsCat said:

I grew up in a musical family and played publicly since I was 4 but had an injury 22 years ago that stopped me from playing, so now my playing ability is very poor, but it doesn't stop me. I really wish more of us would share our music with each other.

Once in a while I post a song in the forum. I wish more of the regulars here would do the same. 

We are way too busy trying to buy or avoid stuff to do such a silly thing.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/23/2022 at 2:59 PM, PavlovsCat said:

@Billy86 After you've learned how to use presets, this less than 2 minute video will teach you everything you need to know to create your own patterns. This works with any Evolution guitar. Once you learn the strumming feature for one Evolution guitar, you've learned how every Evolution guitar library works. 

This is a longer version video of that process. 

@PavlovsCatThanks very much for taking the time to spell things out. Much appreciated. OTS has great tone but has been frustrating for me. I look forward to diving into all of this once I wrap the current tune I’m  working on! I’ve tagged it to ‘follow.’

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

We are way too busy trying to buy or avoid stuff to do such a silly thing.

Considering how many plugins I own I should be more successful than Bad Bunny by now.  The problem is I’m missing that one new plug-in that will tip the scale haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1