UJAM Sparkle 2 Released

cclarry

Just got the email. It's $49.17 for Sparkle 1 owners.

The Virtual Guitar 2 series adds the "Instrument" mode, so you now have that in addition to the "Player". First seen in Carbon and Iron 2.

Plus the VG2 series has MIDI drag & drop from the "Player" mode. Clicking on a drag handle in the "Player" phrase … and dragging it onto a position in the DAW instrument track ... creates an exported MIDI copy of the phrase.

See the Sparkle 2 user guide here (PDF) > https://www.ujam.com/guitarist/sparkle/en/manual/

Edited by abacab
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, kevin H said:

$79 for loyalty discount for owning other titles

I own Carbon that I got for free, but I also own AcousticSamples and SoundPaint guitars. I'm not loyal, am I? :P

Update: UJAM seems to be cool about it. I can add the $79 loyalty thing to the cart.

Edited by daveiv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, daveiv said:

I own Carbon that I got for free, but I also own AcousticSamples and SoundPaint guitars. I'm not loyal, am I? :P

Update: UJAM seems to be cool about it. I can add the $79 loyalty thing to the cart.

Good. Honestly have no idea what qualified me for the loyalty discount. I just noticed it when I logged in.

IMO, for a loop based rhythm guitar plugin, Native Instrument's Session Guitarist has far more depth, customization and a superior user experience than UJAM.  

I've picked up three of the UJam Virtual Guitarist plugins as freebies over the years (I still have the original Steinberg Virtual Guitarist -- same sample developer,  for those who didn’t know), including  Sparkle, and find them incredibly more limited then NI's Session Guitarist series of loop libraries. 

I totally get the instant gratification of using loop libraries for rhythm guitar and sometimes turn to Session Guitarist when I'm initially working on a song if I know it has a suitable pattern. But it's otherwise so limiting. For those who own Orange Tree Samples Evolution libraries,  spend 10 minutes learning to use the strumming engine and you'll  be able to create virtually any kind of strumming pattern -- and strum --exactly what you want,  with unlimited patterns instead of being confined to a very limited series of loops. I believe you could do the same with Ample Sound,, but to be candid,  personally,  I never figured it out with their strumming engine. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

For those who own Orange Tree Samples Evolution libraries,  spend 10 minutes learning to use the strumming engine and you'll  be able to create virtually any kind of strumming pattern -- and strum --exactly what you want,  with unlimited patterns instead of being confined to a very limited series of loops.

I think that is the catch with the OTS factory strumming patterns. I have the Evolution Songwriter and Evolution Rock Standard. IMO the strum patterns are apparently examples, and I find most of them boring out of the box. You would need to study up and create your own patterns to get the most out of these excellent guitar libraries. I don't play guitar, so I tend to lean toward NI or UJAM to inspire me with interesting patterns. :)