Straight Ahead Samples The Real Piano - FREE!

cclarry

Thank you for purchasing The Real Piano. To download your products, please follow these steps:

Download Pulse from www.pulsedownloader.com

I hate making another account on another site just to download something. Too many steps.

Ok, it's free, why do you whine!! 😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, daveiv said:

Why do sample library companies use Pulse Downloader?

Pulse watermarks the samples to stop piracy?

annoying isn't it - I just open a sandboxed windows install and download from there.

FWIW it's 'meh' and a bit of CPU hog trying to play in realtime cubase/win10

EDIT - and there are some bugs - such as the mic channel output select doesn't work

Edited by simon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, daveiv said:

Why do sample library companies use Pulse Downloader?

Pulse watermarks the samples to stop piracy?

I suspect convenience - they don't have to buy server space/bandwidth, or mess around with user authentication to ship their libraries. The only other main contender I can think of is Continuata. It's quite convenient from a user's perspective too if you buy multiple libraries over time - they're all listed there for (re-)download.

Hypothetically speaking, if I could choose between using Pulse and having my IK downloads timeout every 180 days, I'd choose Pulse; but that just my preference, and purely hypothetical as I'm sure IK are perfectly happy hosting their own downloads.

Pulse isn't particularly intrusive - like Native Access, you can tell it not to start up with your computer. You only load it up when you need to download something.

P.S. It's not just audio libraries that Pulse can distribute - Audio Brewers (and I'm sure other) plugins, and some ISW presets packs are downloaded from there too.