Insert Instrument - Change Default from TTS-1?

XBaker

When I choose Insert Instrument, the default Instrument is TTS-1. Is it possible to make a different instrument the Default? I searched the Help, this forum, and poked around Manage Plugin Layouts, but no joy.

Thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, James Argo said:

Last time I tried, templates don's save the default setting of Insert Synth, I guess TTS-1 is default by design. Come on... just a single click on the drop down is what you need to do.

I suggest checking out the Reference Guide for help with templates as I have various synths setup in different track templates and everything loads fine when selected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Michael Vogel said:

I suggest checking out the Reference Guide for help with templates as I have various synths setup in different track templates and everything loads fine when selected. 

I guess the thread starter mean this :

insertinstrument.jpg

default-TTS-1.jpg

Please let us know if it's possible... 🙂

16 hours ago, XBaker said:

When I choose Insert Instrument, the default Instrument is TTS-1. Is it possible to make a different instrument the Default? I searched the Help, this forum, and poked around Manage Plugin Layouts, but no joy.

Thanks for any help!

@XBaker Hello Tom 😛

No, today the "default" instrument is hardwired to TTS-1 and its primarily there provide a default routing when opening MIDI files.
However, the add track dialog remembers the last used instrument for the duration of the app session, so if you pick a different instrument, it will remember it. It just won't be listed under the default category.

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2022 at 2:58 AM, James Argo said:

Last time I tried, templates don's save the default setting of Insert Synth, I guess TTS-1 is default by design. Come on... just a single click on the drop down is what you need to do.

Not to pick nits, but it's two clicks.; one to open the dropdown, another to make the selection Two clicks here, two clicks there, it can add up. 

On 10/20/2022 at 4:13 AM, Michael Vogel said:

Thanks, Michael. Track Templates are indeed a big improvement over doing it from scratch each time. It was two clicks to insert a Track Template consisting of The Grandeur piano hosted in Kontakt and with a reverb inserted, vs a dozen or so to do it from scratch. I'll create a few more Track Templates for my Go To instruments.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:34 AM, XBaker said:

Thanks, Michael. Track Templates are indeed a big improvement over doing it from scratch each time. It was two clicks to insert a Track Template consisting of The Grandeur piano hosted in Kontakt and with a reverb inserted, vs a dozen or so to do it from scratch. I'll create a few more Track Templates for my Go To instruments.

Another important key to speeding up workflow (as you’ve mentioned the number of mouse clicks) is to learn the keyboard shortcuts which make any program work so much faster. There is also scope to edit some default combinations to more suit yourself. Once you’ve begun you’ll be amazed at what you can do. 
it’s also possible to use 3rd party programs like Auto Hotkeys to create complex scripts to perform regular click heavy operations. 
There are some regular members who are quite expert at using Auto hotkeys. I’m not one of them. 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely. I use lots of keyboard shortcuts, assign new shortcuts for the things I do often, etc. But I still rely on the mouse maybe a bit too much. Hence, my recent purchases of several DAW Controllers; QCon Pro G2 and EX, Mongram Traveler, and my Nektar Impact LX88+.

• Thanks 1