FALLEN

SPAK

8 hours ago, Lynn said:

Wow, this is a very poignant song that I can relate to.  It's all good to my ears, and I'm particularly impressed with the background vocals and lyrics.  Keep em rollin'.

Thanks mate ... 😁

All the best to you

Steve

• Like 1

21 hours ago, freddy j said:

I certainly echo the compliments above.  This is a very haunting song both melodically and lyrically. 

An excellent and absolutely beautiful and well done song!!!

We all say 'thanks for listening' and it seems a little less meaningful ,.... but still, I really appreciate your thoughts on this one esp' given your stuff  .. praise indeed ! so ...  (sorry for this)  Thanks for listening 😁9_9

All the best and thanks

Steve

On 7/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, daryl1968 said:

Very well done Steve - you have a knack of transmitting emotion with your vocal and this one doesn't disappoint.

Thanks Daryl ... your comments really do mean a lot !! 😉

Steve

Edited by SPAK

Wow your song is a hidden gem that conveys a very deep and powerful message .

It stands out very much like an Oasis for those of us that thirst for music that has and can help make a difference.

I have often thought about much of your songs subject matter and I have the therapy bills to prove it ...lol..

I am very impressed with how you were able to put it all together as a song and capture your message and feelings all in one place .

It just goes to prove songwriting is a true art form that can bridge and help bring a moments joy to a fractured world  that needs healing .

all the best ,

Kenny

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wookiee said:

For themselves is what they forget to add, they really do not give a 💩 about anyone else.

Well performed and captured.

Thanks Wooks and Yep I have to agree it seems as though a promise doesn't have kudos these days when it comes to politics ..but hey! what changed .... 

Steve 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Wow your song is a hidden gem that conveys a very deep and powerful message .

It stands out very much like an Oasis for those of us that thirst for music that has and can help make a difference.

I have often thought about much of your songs subject matter and I have the therapy bills to prove it ...lol..

I am very impressed with how you were able to put it all together as a song and capture your message and feelings all in one place .

It just goes to prove songwriting is a true art form that can bridge and help bring a moments joy to a fractured world  that needs healing .

all the best ,

Kenny

I have three grown kids, seven little grandsods  ... and a loving (very understanding) wife .... and after a lot of climbing life's wobbly ladder and getting near the top, my feeling is mostly disappointment the world is as is. I am a great believer in the power of words but as you say it's hard to get the emotion of a rhyme within a song  that conveys the whole meaning of what your trying to convey.

Thankyou for understanding and taking the time to post .. for me, it makes it all worthwhile 👍;)

Best regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

this song is written in somewhat a pure tradition of a certain kind of songwriting  , but as I have no knowledge I can't tell you which one it is😎

It certainly reminds me some of Leonard Cohen's writing ( the deep lyric writing and the kind of " ostinato" played with the guitar) 

I like the way you place the lyrics in term of rythm .

So in short: Bravo!!!!!

Cheers mate.

Olivier.

That was really nice Steve. I really liked what you did to the vocal around 1:30. Made it sound so big. Great work there. The simple sounding guitar was really nice. Synth work was just what was needed. Never overpowering but right there to support the song.

The mix/mastering was excellent. Everything seemed well balanced. Really good work. This is ready for the radio.

Sorry about my response as my wife is very I'll in hospital .... But just to say thanks for the compliments on this song 

Regards

Steve

On 7/27/2019 at 3:32 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Steve,

Fantastic song with a beautiful feel and wonderful lyrics.

Great performance as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

On 7/27/2019 at 3:42 AM, Grem said:

That was really nice Steve. I really liked what you did to the vocal around 1:30. Made it sound so big. Great work there. The simple sounding guitar was really nice. Synth work was just what was needed. Never overpowering but right there to support the song.

The mix/mastering was excellent. Everything seemed well balanced. Really good work. This is ready for the radio.

13 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Oh man those lyrics were depressing - but they were well crafted as well. It's a good song.  My only crit is that the drums should be turned up a bit more - just my opinion. I liked those pipes on the M8.

Nicely done.

13 hours ago, cclarry said:

Lovely!

• Like 1