[And I wish that I could pray, and believe there'd be a day]

When the innocents of little children's hearts

Would stay with them forever

Could stay with us forever

Irish Pipe M8

I think I've fallen from a place,

... that could hide the sadness from your face

Children grow up and go their own way

Leaving family behind …..they leave us behind.

I think I've fallen to a place (Backing 'I think I've fallen')

...and disappeared without a trace

This world is full of ships all passing in the night

….. Vanishing from sight

They're vanishing from sight …. vanishing from sight

Chorus voices :-

I'm disappearing …. I'm disappearing

I think I'm falling …....A

Edited by SPAK
  • Like 1

Beautiful song, Steve.
The background voices are very effective and complement your vocal well.
I like the Irish pipe.

I always take notice of lyrics.  Really like the variations on 'falling from this world' and the repeating phrase in the last line of each verse, a technique that I'm going to steal. I'm probably not interpreting the words as you intended but that's okay.
'Peers' not 'piers'

• Like 1

Very nice.  The song has an irony about it.  It sounds soothing while conveying a sad truth.  Well done!

*note: check your spelling.  "I've grown tires of listening to the lies,”  I think “tires” should be “tired.

Edited by amiller
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, amiller said:

Very nice.  The song has an irony about it.  It sounds soothing while conveying a sad truth.  Well done!

*note: check your spelling.  "I've grown tires of listening to the lies,”  I think “tires” should be “tired. 

Thanks I'll change that pronto ...and thanks for the compliment 👍

15 hours ago, Grem said:

When I tried to watch, this is what I got:

image.png.f02662db6e86a404bcf7e791d92930aa.png

Looking into that ... well strange ....☹️ ......I've sorted it out !

Edited by SPAK
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Beautiful song, Steve.
The background voices are very effective and complement your vocal well.
I like the Irish pipe.

I always take notice of lyrics.  Really like the variations on 'falling from this world' and the repeating phrase in the last line of each verse, a technique that I'm going to steal. I'm probably not interpreting the words as you intended but that's okay.
'Peers' not 'piers'

Thanks mate. and you don't have to steal it, I'll share it with you ...Spellcheck decided to change peers ... gives a new meaning to my song LOL

Always great to hear your thinking as I know your another lyrics guy. BTW It took all of three days to get that 'Irish pipe' to sound as it does, so thanks for the like😏

All the best

Steve

cool tune with a grrrrrreat lead vocal! Nice and out in front. That's a good mix.

I like the sparse arrangement, really held my interest. 

The video shows at 480p as the highest resolution which strikes me as undercutting the very high quality of your song. I don't know if you can produce a HD version? It works ok, but I found myself at times not watching the vid just to enjoy your awesome lead vocal. Cool tune, bro.

cheers,

-Tom

• Great Idea 1

Hi, Steve,

Great song with excellent composition, arrangement and lyrics, and outstanding vocals!😀

The instrumental performances are beautiful, and the mix is absolutely top notch and perfect for the theme and genre.

The song is absolutely dripping with emotion, fantastic work, Steve!👍

Best Wishes,
Bob

On 7/9/2019 at 6:22 PM, emeraldsoul said:

cool tune with a grrrrrreat lead vocal! Nice and out in front. That's a good mix.

I like the sparse arrangement, really held my interest. 

The video shows at 480p as the highest resolution which strikes me as undercutting the very high quality of your song. I don't know if you can produce a HD version? It works ok, but I found myself at times not watching the vid just to enjoy your awesome lead vocal. Cool tune, bro.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for the info Tom, given your observations I'm sure I could do better with he vid, and I no idea it was 480 ..But I did it on a whim, never a good idea given that it took so long to write! Should have paid a little more attention 😏.

I know I've said it before but I read your input, not only on my stuff, but on other songs with more than just interest ... You really do make a difference! So thanks mate very much appreciated ....

Steve 

14 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Steve,

Great song with excellent composition, arrangement and lyrics, and outstanding vocals!😀

The instrumental performances are beautiful, and the mix is absolutely top notch and perfect for the theme and genre.

The song is absolutely dripping with emotion, fantastic work, Steve!👍

Best Wishes,
Bob

Steady on Bob I'll be lookin' for some money soon LOL ... I bow my head and thank you for such a great review of my song ‼️

All the best

Steve