Update: NI Massive - added Apple Silicon support

Frank

So much for speculation about the incipient demise of Massive. If they were going to set it adrift, I doubt they'd go to the trouble of porting it to Apple Silicon.

As of right now, I'm still sorting out where Massive fits in my collection of synths. It's too iconic and well-supported by tutorials and presets not to take it seriously, but I still like Hybrid 3 better. @abacab's advice to use the genre browser in Komplete Kontrol was good. I discovered quite a few usable pads/soundscapes in the Expansions. Not so much in the original factory presets, which tend toward turn-of-the-century Car Alarm Trance.

First-world problem I'm running into: the humongous amount of free presets available for Massive. I've downloaded thousands. After the years of my favorite synth being Hybrid, with far fewer free presets available (although I find the factory set more useful than Massive's), I'm like a kid in a free candy store.

Since I find a large amount of my inspiration in timbres, I browse the presets in search of that, but with this number of presets, it's days of doing that, and then I find yet another source of them. It occurs to me that for someone just getting into working with DAW's, the amount of freeware plug-ins must feel like that.

I'm keeping good freebie hygiene, though: if I can't find a good sound in the package, it gets deleted ASAP.

27 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

So much for speculation about the incipient demise of Massive. If they were going to set it adrift, I doubt they'd go to the trouble of porting it to Apple Silicon.

NI, now just make the GUI resizable please! :)

• Like 1