Arturia introduces the Augmented Grand Piano plugin for “outside-the-box” piano sounds

satya

https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/augmented-grand-piano/overview

Arturia has announced the release of its all-new Augmented Grand Piano for those who love to get theatrical and dramatic with their music scores.

https://musictech.com/news/gear/arturia-introduces-augmented-grand-piano-plugin/

initial prices will be available until 3 November.

Priced 99

• Like 4

Introductory offer
The Augmented Trio

To celebrate the launch of our addition to the Augmented Series, we’re offering exclusive prices on Augmented GRAND PIANO and The Augmented TRIO, including 2 other titles: Augmented STRINGS and Augmented VOICES.

until November 3rd

The trio is 199€/$ or 149€/$ if you own one of the 3.

The piano is 79€/$ if you own one of the 3.

It will be interesting to see a demo of this product. Layered Piano pads in not a new idea, and there are tons of ways to accomplish this. Starting with a good sampled piano, some prepared piano samples or other sounds as pads, and some reverb.

So the question is really what has Arturia done to make this one stand out!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, antler said:

You know, I love Arturia but their website falls over every time they announce a new product.

Right! Just got a gateway timeout. It seems all new Arturia product announcements break their internet. You would think by now that they would give their ISP and content providers a heads-up!!! 😂

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, abacab said:

Basically same UI as Augmented Strings...

Yes, as well as Voices. I have had a play for a little bit and hope to dive in deeper. 
The issue that I have is that when using some of the more complex patches that it can spike the CPU somewhat.
I look forward to sharing more very soon.

Joyfully,
Simeon

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Same here.  Definite meh on the Arturia scale.   Like what's stopping anyone doing this with any piano library.

yeah. I am sort of seeing it this way too. The GUI is pretty and funky looking, but I fail to see the point of entering the sound designer effects laden market. But what do I know. Maybe there really is a huge market for it.