Missing You, popper

kakku

Hi. This time I put here one of my Metapop contest entries. I liked the stems we were given. I used some of the drum stems. The link is not a direct one. If you want to listen you must scroll a bit down to find the correct tune. The correct version of this tune is right below the third version of Poppin and Bangin, one other of my contest non-winners. I hope you like it and I welcome any comments and critiques, although my fixing skills are not that great.

I forgot to mention that you should skip the older versions of my tunes as they are, let's say, rough

https://metapop.com/JonTrask?tab=all&sort=relevance

Edited by kakku
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kakku.
Sorry I missed this posting.
Have been quite busy and have started to go through posts.

You style always makes me think of the 80-90's which was my childhood 🙂

I think your mix is a little harsh om my speakers.
With synthesised music there are so many frequencies and I would find it very difficult to mix.
@Wookie is good on sysths...  maybe he can chime in.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, garybrun said:

Hey...   no problem.

i didn’t mean to criticize your mixing abilities...  I thought it was a good track.

I actually have noticed that it is not easy to make good mixings. I used to use headphones for mixing purposes, but nowadays I try my luck with my Audio pro Addon T4

2 hours ago, kakku said:

I actually have noticed that it is not easy to make good mixings. I used to use headphones for mixing purposes, but nowadays I try my luck with my Audio pro Addon T4

I've read some professional mixing engineers bring their own speakers into the studio!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobertWS said:

I've read some professional mixing engineers bring their own speakers into the studio!

Perhaps they are so adjusted to the properties of their own speakers that other speakers would reduce the quality of their work

This has that 80's thing going on, I liked the the sound of the distorted keys. the drums stand out nicely,  I listened to a few more of your songs and liked what I heard.

I think you could pan a little more left and right to give your music a little more space. I'm just throwing this vid into the thread because it's a classic synth mix and your music reminds me a little of this band. I thought it might help a little with your mixing. I'm also trying to mix some songs right now and I agree it's hard to find that sweet spot.

Edited by Joad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Joad said:

This has that 80's thing going on, I liked the the sound of the distorted keys. the drums stand out nicely,  I listened to a few more of your songs and liked what I heard.

I think you could pan a little more left and right to give your music a little more space. I'm just throwing this vid into the thread because it's a classic synth mix and your music reminds me a little of this band. I thought it might help a little with your mixing. I'm also trying to mix some songs right now and I agree it's hard to find that sweet spot.

Thanks