Cakewalk Application has stopped working

Kvancho

13 hours ago, David Baay said:

Если возможно, поделитесь заархивированной копией папки проекта, чтобы другие могли проверить, является ли это самим проектом или проблемой в вашей среде. Или просто пришлите ссылку одному из нас, если не хотите делиться со всем миром.

Heare is arhive, just try to open it if someone succeeds thank you.

https://we.tl/t-X5gzPQ60dU 

Edited by IRAKLI KVANCHIANI

Yep, I agree with Dave - this doesn't look like it's plugin related at all and the crash is occurring in Cakewalk itself. The crash dump in particular says it's not a plugin.

My gut is telling me this is possibly language related, possibly something where its not parsing some Cyrillic character properly.

The devs need to check this one out for sure.

@IRAKLI KVANCHIANI in the case that a Cakewalk dev doesn't see this thread, get this stuff off to support@cakewalk.com so it can get sorted out.

Edited by Lord Tim

@IRAKLI KVANCHIANI

The reason it crashes is that somehow your project was saved with the catalog of referenced wave files incomplete. One of the referenced files was saved without its filename. As a result, the code wasn't expecting that and crashed. This is literally the very first time I've ever encountered this problem, so it's not impossible that something corrupted the project file somehow.

However, I was able to handle this condition gracefully in the code and your projects load fine now. We'll release an update with a defensive fix for this since we take data loss seriously.
fixed files.zip
Here is a zip with the fixed project files. Do you have any idea what you may have done that led to the files being saved incorrectly?

• Like 2

My first guess would be that the computer was powered off unexpectedly (e.g. a power failure), but given that the OP has had this problem in the past with other projects, that could point to a failing disk drive or a loose SATA cable. There may be other, unrelated corrupt files/directories that he's unaware of.

Unlikely since that seemed to be the only issue in that project. Once I skipped that missing wave file name the rest of the project opened without errors.
If it were disk corruption or badly saved, then there would be far more errors. In any case the fix I made will allow such projects to load properly. Of course, any clip with the missing data will be orphaned.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@ИРАКЛИ КВАНЧИАНИ

Причина сбоя в том, что каким-то образом ваш проект был сохранен с неполным каталогом волновых файлов, на которые ссылаются. Один из упомянутых файлов был сохранен без имени файла. В результате код этого не ожидал и вылетел. Это буквально первый раз, когда я столкнулся с этой проблемой, поэтому не исключено, что что-то каким-то образом повредило файл проекта.

Однако мне удалось изящно обработать это условие в коде, и теперь ваши проекты загружаются нормально. Мы выпустим обновление с защитным исправлением для этого, поскольку мы серьезно относимся к потере данных.
фиксированные файлы.zip
Вот zip с исправленными файлами проекта. Есть ли у вас какие-либо идеи, что вы могли сделать, что привело к неправильному сохранению файлов?

You are just a brilliant person.👍👍👍🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏How did you manage to do this figure out this problem?  🙏🙏🙏 thank you so much for this, I am happy  🙃🙃🙃 In the future, if there is a new update about this problem, it will be very cool, Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to fix this Cakewalk problem for me🙏

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Мое первое предположение было бы в том, что компьютер был неожиданно выключен (например, сбой питания), но, учитывая, что у OP была эта проблема в прошлом с другими проектами, это может указывать на неисправный дисковод или ослабленный кабель SATA. Могут быть другие, не связанные с ним поврежденные файлы/каталоги, о которых он не знает.

My friend is nothing at all,  I have ups 1500 wat, and Power Supply  corsair 1000w

8 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Yep, I agree with Dave - this doesn't look like it's plugin related at all and the crash is occurring in Cakewalk itself. The crash dump in particular says it's not a plugin.

My gut is telling me this is possibly language related, possibly something where its not parsing some Cyrillic character properly.

The devs need to check this one out for sure.

@IRAKLI KVANCHIANI in the case that a Cakewalk dev doesn't see this thread, get this stuff off to support@cakewalk.com so it can get sorted out.

Already helped me with this problem Noel Borthwick. if Cakewalk  fix  this error in the future will be very cool.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2022 at 11:10 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Kvancho there is a build with a fix for this issue.

On 10/20/2022 at 9:32 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

@IRAKLI KVANCHIANI

The reason it crashes is that somehow your project was saved with the catalog of referenced wave files incomplete. One of the referenced files was saved without its filename. As a result, the code wasn't expecting that and crashed. This is literally the very first time I've ever encountered this problem, so it's not impossible that something corrupted the project file somehow.

However, I was able to handle this condition gracefully in the code and your projects load fine now. We'll release an update with a defensive fix for this since we take data loss seriously.
fixed files.zip
Here is a zip with the fixed project files. Do you have any idea what you may have done that led to the files being saved incorrectly?

Hello, does anyone have  like this problem? After restarting  Cakewalk  , then everything works, and after about an hour it stops working piano roll

Edited by Kvancho