Cakewalk Application has stopped working

Kvancho

Hello, who can help me out? i cant open my project,this is second time this has happened,i tried to open with (shitf+enter) without any plugins,but its does not open the project. project contains: vst instruments,midi files and wawe files.

sonar eror _n.jpg

If its only specific to this project, your antivirus could be blocking it.

I have seen and experience cases, where for no reason custom presets cause that message after closing CbB and firing it up again. This could from your own custom presets or from other.

This does not only falls directly on custom presets. It could be a stock preset as well. I had two synths doing this which I have gotten from the plugins4free website, but it can be effects too. 

Make a copy of the original project file and paste it to the desktop and try to open it from there. This always helps for me. If it does not want to open from the desktop, try to hold down shift while you open it (right click and open.) 

Theres also the case of renaming the project - especially when a "Save as" command was done. So double check the project folder for this. 

Otherwise create a dump file and send it in, but I doubt that its Cakewalk related. 

7 hours ago, Will. said:

If its only specific to this project, your antivirus could be blocking it.

I have seen and experience cases, where for no reason custom presets cause that message after closing CbB and firing it up again. This could from your own custom presets or from other.

This does not only falls directly on custom presets. It could be a stock preset as well. I had two synths doing this which I have gotten from the plugins4free website, but it can be effects too. 

Make a copy of the original project file and paste it to the desktop and try to open it from there. This always helps for me. If it does not want to open from the desktop, try to hold down shift while you open it (right click and open.) 

Theres also the case of renaming the project - especially when a "Save as" command was done. So double check the project folder for this. 

Otherwise create a dump file and send it in, but I doubt that its Cakewalk related. 

I don't have antivirus installed on my computer,I tried everything you wrote me but unfortunately it didn't work. I think it's a system error,It's not the first time this has happened.

7 hours ago, David Baay said:

Second time with the same projet or was it a different project the first time? What solved it the first time?  Are other projects opening okay?

Yes, there was another project, well, I couldn’t open it either.

12 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

See if there is a crash dump that you can look at and send to Cakewalk Support.

Also, You can try loading the project in Safe Mode (hold shift key while opening file) to see which plug-in is causing the issue.

I tried everything...

1 hour ago, IRAKLI KVANCHIANI said:

I don't have antivirus installed on my computer,I tried everything you wrote me but unfortunately it didn't work. I think it's a system error,It's not the first time this has happened.

You do know that windows 10 comes with an Antivirus built-in, right? 

3 hours ago, Will. said:

You do know that windows 10 comes with an Antivirus built-in, right? 

I'm sure the antivirus has nothing to do with it, there is a problem when loading audio tracks, after that, it freezes cakewalk , I think that this problem has not been fixed for many years, I have been using this DAW Many years… Unfortunately So the problem remains.

8D37F919-0F83-436F-A125-45BADC8F9AC0.jpeg

23 minutes ago, IRAKLI KVANCHIANI said:

I think that this problem has not been fixed for many years, I have been using this DAW Many years… Unfortunately So the problem remains.

Lol. You do realize that you are the only one with this issue, right? 

Anyway . . . Help was given. 

I don’t think that I’m the only one with such a problem, it has been bothering me for a long time, well, I was too lazy to write all this here, I think that others are too lazy to write too ... I have been using this DAW for 15-20 years

Perhaps if you activate Windows that might help ?

Plus you're loading audio regions - have you used Melodyne or a different software that creates audio regions ? If so bounce each region to a clip.

You could also try launching CbB in safe mode, and disable all plugins  then load them one by one until you find one that is wonky, especially if its 32bits......

J

21 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

See if there is a crash dump that you can look at and send to Cakewalk Support.

^^

If you really want help with this problem, this is the post you want to pay attention to.  You can complain, and say it's a widespread problem (it's not, have a look around the forum - lots of people coming here with issues to solve, so nobody is shy or lazy about reporting problems), or you can actually get the cause of the problem off to the devs to tell you exactly what the problem is and solve it for you.

13 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Perhaps if you activate Windows that might help ?

Plus you're loading audio regions - have you used Melodyne or a different software that creates audio regions ? If so bounce each region to a clip.

You could also try launching CbB in safe mode, and disable all plugins  then load them one by one until you find one that is wonky, especially if its 32bits......

J

win 10. 64bit. Activated but didn't help.I don't use Melodyne.  

I have atteched the  link, download it and can someone open it? 

https://we.tl/t-X5gzPQ60dU

Edited by IRAKLI KVANCHIANI