Problems with AmpliTube 2 Live installation

mwall

So I'm getting a new systemup and running with BandLab after a couple of years out of the game, and for some reason, I can't get my registered version of AmpliTube 2 Live to activate in BandLab. When I open an existing project that used that plug-in, I get the Missing Plug-in message. I've tried reinstalling a few times. I checked the location of the .dll file and made sure the plug-in manager was set to scan that location. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

A lot of old IKM software require running the host as administrator.

BTW, BandLab (the company) has 2 DAWs

• BandLab - a web-based DAW that runs in Chrome
  • Cakewalk by BandLab - the DAW they purchased from Cakewalk (a.k.a SONAR).

Couple of things to try:

Amplitube  installer file may be corrupt.  Re-download or retrieve from a backup.

While Running as Administrator, activate Amplitube as standalone (Instead of inside Bandlab).  Then retry the VST scan.

I was going to suggest running the standalone as administrator but could not tell if this came with a standalone host. I thought it might based on the product name.

Pretty sure this is a permissions problem so make sure "Run this program as administrator" is check in Cakewalk's compatibility options (right-click the Cakewalk icon and open Properties to access the Windows Compatibility tab). This is typical with XP era IKM software.

If the plug-in still does not appear it may be because after the plug-in failed to register it was added to the plug-in exclude list.

If this is the case, it may be necessary to run a manual scan with "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" enabled. Make sure to turn this option off after scanning. Also may want to enable "Generate Scan Log" and look in the log to see if the plug-in is getting scanned.

When I re-downloaded the installer for AmpliTube 2 from the My Products page on the IK Mulitmedia site, it actually downloaded AmpliTube 4. Maybe 2 was upgraded to 4 automatically. So I installed that, and it shows up for use in my FX options, but still AmpliTube2 does not, which is what I used for this particular track. I opened the stand-alone AmpliTube 2 app, and it opens fine, and I while that was open, I used the Authorization Manager to reauthorize. But when I opened Cakewalk again, AmpliTube 2 was still not present.

I tried the "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" option, but no luck. It doesn't show up when I click on excluded plug-ins in the plug-in manager.

I'm not sure what else to do, but I appreciate the help.

What installers are present in your IKM account and the products they contain are a questions for IKM support.

If the plug-in installer is for Amplitube 4 and CbB sees Amplitude 4 and not Amplitude 2 that makes sense to me.

The standalone Amplitude 2 may not rely on a plug-in at all. The ampsim may all be built into the standalone binary. IDK, not having seen the product.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:17 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

AmpliTube 2 would be a 32-bit plugin.  You can run your AmpliTube 2 gear in AmpliTube 4 which is a 64-bit plugin.

7 hours ago, Eve Ripper said:

Why are you using Amplitube 2? What about Amplitube 4 Custom Shop?

These are fine suggestions for new projects but do not address the OP's problem.

If the OP cannot find their copy of the Amplitude 2 installer and the installer is not available from the manufacturer there are few options for working with existing projects.

3 hours ago, scook said:

These are fine suggestions for new projects but do not address the OP's problem.

If the OP cannot find their copy of the Amplitude 2 installer and the installer is not available from the manufacturer there are few options for working with existing projects.

They also answer OP's original post that seems to indicate it is installed, and has been reinstalled multiple times (so they have the installers):

So I'm getting a new systemup and running with BandLab after a couple of years out of the game, and for some reason, I can't get my registered version of AmpliTube 2 Live to activate in BandLab. When I open an existing project that used that plug-in, I get the Missing Plug-in message. I've tried reinstalling a few times. I checked the location of the .dll file and made sure the plug-in manager was set to scan that location. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

But it is also correct that this would be better served via official and direct IK Support as was posted in the thread too.

Also note that if AmplITube 2 was registered, it would still be available in OP's IK User area.  IK Support can also help figure out why that may not be the case.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just replace the missing plug-in with Amplitube 4, and then as Peter suggested, run the Amplitube 2 gear in that? Then re-create the preset, and save a new version of the project. That should bypass any old plug-in compatibility issues.

Unfortunately that's the reality with using old software. Once it ages out of support, there is no guarantee that it will work forever, or remain compatible with new software.

Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't.

I have heard some pros advise to always print your tracks to audio before archiving the projects, because there is always a chance that your plugins that created those tracks may be inaccessible or unavailable in the future.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:12 PM, scook said:

CbB supports 32bit plug-ins identically to 64bit SONAR Platinum right down to the exact same version of BitBridge from 2015.

If this is the case, then OP should still have AmpliTube 2 Live in their User Area under "My Products".    I verified that my personal account has this legacy product listed in my product list and it has download links.   If Cakewalk by BandLab supports 32-bit plugins in exactly the same way then this installation should work as well as the previous.

• 4 weeks later...