Problems with AmpliTube 2 Live installation

mwall

Did the reset and checked the scan log. AmpliTube2Live shows up among the 195 plug-ins that were scanned, but it still does not load in Cakewalk. Screen shot attached.

Also, I tried getting AmpliTube 4 to work as a replacement, but when I select a preset, it says all the parts that make that preset are missing. I know this is probably more a question for IK, but it's all very frustrating.

Thanks.

Cakewalk AmpliTube 2 Live problem.png

And all this time CbB has been running as administrator? If not, the run the VST reset again with CbB running as administrator and continue running CbB as administrator. If CbB has been explicitly running as administrator, I am out of ideas.

• 7 months later...
On 7/7/2019 at 4:05 PM, mwall said:

So I'm getting a new systemup and running with BandLab after a couple of years out of the game, and for some reason, I can't get my registered version of AmpliTube 2 Live to activate in BandLab. When I open an existing project that used that plug-in, I get the Missing Plug-in message. I've tried reinstalling a few times. I checked the location of the .dll file and made sure the plug-in manager was set to scan that location. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

I'm a bit late to the party with this one, however, I believe I have the answer to your question/issue.

I have been trying to get Amplitube v2 to work in Cakewalk for a long time (Will load in my other Daws, but I need it for older Cakewalk Projects).

When you install Amplitube v2, let it install the VST in the Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VstPlugins and then add the path in Cakewalk Plugin Manager, do a scan and you will find that it will work. For some reason, these plugins don't like being installed in your main Calkwalk VST path.

• 3 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 4:37 AM, Chappel said:

As far as I know, all 32bit plug-ins should go in the Program Files (x86) directory.

Hence the reason why the plugin sometimes doesn't work.

If I installed Amplitube v2 in the Program Files (x86) folder, it would not work as it was not found. Installing it in the folder in my post was the workaround/solution.

• 2 months later...