FileSilo Bug or something(?) You can freely download stuff like plugins and more

alex satt

4 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

This is the only time I've ever seen the web site work properly in the likley ~10+ years I've been using Computer Music Magazine.   Time to download what you own for a change!

Exactly. Finally got them in. 

so no more freebies ? will cm now stop providing paid plugins giveaway

33 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

To improve both user experience and the general performance of FileSilo we have now opened up assets to all users, across all titles!

Some of the video tutorials look interesting, but most of them say "no download". :(

Issue #307 has "60 years of the synth" as a theme and has some videos that each seem to focus on a different decade. #308 has the 90s and #309 the 00s. Looks like you can get those via WeTransfer.

Any recommendations what else to download?

34 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

I noticed this too.

I just tried to download "VIDEO Synth Masterclass - Laser Harp" (CM 314, current issue Nov 2022) and it worked!

The "New CM Plugins Suite PC Instruments" from a previous issue also downloaded fine.

Edit: They seem to have pulled the video tutorials  for the back issues, except for the current issue, and the previous issue (313 & 314). As far as I can tell the CM Plugins are still available. Except for the one time freebie plugins that have usually been time limited, so I would expect some of them to disappear.

Tutorial files and free samples seem to be still available for back issues.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Some of the video tutorials look interesting, but most of them say "no download". :(

Issue #307 has "60 years of the synth" as a theme and has some videos that each seem to focus on a different decade. #308 has the 90s and #309 the 00s. Looks like you can get those via WeTransfer.

Any recommendations what else to download?

Buy the back issues and read the articles?

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

Buy the back issues and read the articles?

I'm trying to freeload here. :)

Seriously, though: would that give me access to the tutorial videos, or are they gone for everyone?

Edit: I mean subscribing or buying back issues.

Edited by pseudopop

1 minute ago, pseudopop said:

Seriously, though: would that give me access to the tutorial videos, or are they gone for everyone?

AFAIK, the videos are all gone for the CM back issues, except for the most recent two issues. And I do have a current subscription to CM. Since there is no way for me to login to FileSilo now, I would say that they are likely gone for everyone!

I went back a few months to check and all I saw was "No Download".

However the CM Plugins Suite, the tutorial files, and the free samples all seem to still be available (for everyone). :)

• Thanks 1