Anyone working on CbB with a curved monitor?

Jimbo 88

Absolutely!

I don't really notice the curve too much with this huge thing, in fact I'd probably have more of a problem with the edges feeling too far away if it was flat. But man, it's not cheap and it takes a LOT of desk space (not to mention I have a laptop on a stand on either side as well, so it's like the Starship Enterprise in here 🤨)

EDIT: I will say, however, it took me about a week to get used to it. Crazy amounts of real estate and just learning where to dock windows, etc.  Fancy Zones becomes your friend :)

Edited by Lord Tim

Flat or curved, make sure you checked their recommended screen resolution. I didn't pay that much attention when I upgraded 3 monitors few months ago.. turns out I can not read anything on screen as they're way too small. My studio desk design was to put monitors behind the main mixer (about 4 ft away from my sitting position). Anything above 1600x900 resolution in not readable. As my wife says, you don't need new monitors... you need new eye glasses.. LOL.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the responses...as usual this forum is indispensable.

Ok, after a few days and much concern over my purchase, I found that I really, really like this thing.  I can see how this might vary  between people, but I have found that once I found the right distance to sit from it, it serves me very well.  For me,  if I can sit back as far as possible as long as things are readable, the curved monitor is excellent.    The farther back, the less I see the curve and everything looks great. The less I'm moving my head and my eyes.  And the picture has a very cool depth to it. Watching video is amazing.    But that might be all a function of the fact my old monitor was so bad and I didn't realize.

All the Best!

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes mine has a vesa mount like other monitors.

7 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Same with mine, but you definitely have to pick the right arm once your monitor gets over a certain size because they can get pretty heavy - some arms just aren't up to the task.

Thanks Noel n Lord Tim. I’ve got a hefty mount - glad I over spec’ed originally. 

• Like 1