Night Beach

Wookiee

I enjoyed this.

Very aptly named too: evocative, with the dancing synth parts sounding like twinkling stars, and the synth pad with the long-ish attack time sounding like waves breathing as they wash in and flow out. Good mix too.

Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

Stranger Things have happened  :)   this would fit right in to that show's soundtrack. I was mesmerized. Nice piece.

Hey what do you have on your mix bus? Just curious, it sounds good. With these pallette colors, rather minimalistic, I'd guess the mixbus processing could be pretty important . . .  did you use something that tickles or excites the treble?

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

@emeraldsoul  Thanks Tom, I have nothing special in my master buss.

From the top down
Cakewalk N-Type Console with the Drive set to about 1.9
Cakewalk Buss Compressor just for glue threshold -5.4dB % 5ms Attack, Auto release, No makeup. No SC and 100% wet
No EQ
Cakewalk Tape Emulator 15ips, Record level about 2 playback about 11.

I did run it through oZone 8 essentials, as I was feeling lazy,  which did add a little top end EQ and a little limiting gain to bring it up in level as it was a touch quite out of the mix so no squishing occurred in the processing.  Normally I would not bother with oZone I usually use the LP EQ and the Adaptive limiter, but today well.

Wookie

Very nice on the sweeping synths that bring to mind crashing waves. You posted something kinda similar a while ago that sounded like breathing.
Someone else mentioned twinkling stars which is what I'd thought of too. I think this is one of your best songs that I've heard so far.

• Thanks 1

Hey, Wook,

You've got a very nice ambient piece with beautiful composition and playing, lovely melodies and a crystal clear, wide, well textured mix!👍

I love the choice of synths on this one, and the arrangement is also really well done holding the listener's interest throughout the entire pleasant ride.

Great work, John, excellent stuff!😀😀😀

Have a good one!
Bob

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2019 at 9:27 AM, antler said:

I enjoyed this.

Very aptly named too: evocative, with the dancing synth parts sounding like twinkling stars, and the synth pad with the long-ish attack time sounding like waves breathing as they wash in and flow out. Good mix too.

Thanks for sharing.

I have to agree with this.  I could hear the waves crashing on shore all the way through this, but I overlooked the stars.  One of your best, Wookie!