Da king is back!

Fleer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead serious, but does anyone else feel like you can breathe easier at the forum with Larry back? (Okay, Fleer's a given! If there was anyone who was having major issues dealing with Larry's absence, it was Fleer! So, Larry, please take that as a sign of how appreciated you are. Believe me, I saw Fleer's posts and thought, "OMG, he's obsessed!" And then I'm making the next post in his thread and I realized I was pretty much in the same camp.)

It just felt like an essential part of the vibe and soul of the forum was missing. I mean, if someone mentioned Cakewalk Forum and said name the first three things that come to mind, one of them -- after "lost time and money" -- would be Larry.  I really couldn't imagine Black Friday without Larry -- and I don't even mean seeing him posting a bunch of deals -- just his presence. There are certain people here, and Fleer is one of them, Bapu is another, that give this place a friendly vibe. I'm not even in the group, I'm just a guy who's been coming here since the earliest days (under the screen name eDrummist before the new forum) who doesn't even get half of their inside jokes. But even though I'm not part of those inside jokes, they've always been a friendly group and with all of everyone's quirks, it feels like a virtual "Cheers" for musician geeks. I suppose then, Larry is Sam. I'm a minor character in the background. But I still enjoy the place and the banter, nonetheless. 

Also, I realize anyone who's under age 30 will wonder about my analogy. But considering most of us are old enough to remember Cheers, I figure I can get away with the analogy. Serve me up another one, Larry. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Larry

it's really great to see you back - not for the deals, that's just a bonus.   It wasn't quite the same without you - and it's good to know you're ok.  And don't worry, we're all feeling old nowadays :)

Edited by simon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1