Any More Word On Cclarry?

Tim Smith

I have known him to take breaks, but it looks as if maybe he quit this thread?

If the intense investigation into plugin deals was getting to be too much I fully understand. I really don't think anyone did it better than him.

The deals thread has managed to still keep going pretty well. I dunno, Maybe spreading the load around is going to work best?

No need for one person to feel pushed and stressed.

I appreciate the efforts of all here who continue to bring us great deals almost daily.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I have known him to take breaks, but it looks as if maybe he quit this thread?

If the intense investigation into plugin deals was getting to be too much I fully understand. I really don't think anyone did it better than him.

The deals thread has managed to still keep going pretty well. I dunno, Maybe spreading the load around is going to work best?

No need for one person to feel pushed and stressed.

I appreciate the efforts of all here who continue to bring us great deals almost daily.

Larry had some awesome posts that I would’ve missed if it weren’t for him. Got my latest set of studio monitors from his post.

He would have made a pretty penny if he used affiliate links (which it seems is allowed on this forum).  And I’m sure we’d have supported that.

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Probably best to just let it go for now,  because the mods are likely to lock this thread as off-topic.

They have already locked a couple of similar threads discussing Larry's whereabouts. Just saying... 🙄

Out of genuine curiosity, what exactly did happen to make Larry leave?  

4 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Out of genuine curiosity, what exactly did happen to make Larry leave?  

That's exactly the sort of speculation that got the other threads locked. Off-limits!

It can lead to personal attacks (blame) on other forum users...

You can always use the forum search to locate the locked threads. AFAIK the threads were not deleted, but some posts may have been.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's exactly the sort of speculation that got the other threads locked. Off-limits!

Okay, so this is a taboo topic.

Cue the song, “We don’t talk about Larry.”

All joking aside, we’re just genuinely concerned about Larry. The dude was awesome. And I’m very much concerned so that whatever happened to Larry hopefully doesn’t happen to any of us on this forum.

Edited by Lionel

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Larry's alive. Other forum members have reported seeing him post online elsewhere. A forum mod here stated that Larry is free to return at any time, so it's his choice.

Time to move on, I suppose.

Not recently. He was also active in KVR. 

Clearly, the overwhelming majority of us really like and miss Larry. I do know that he's doing fine and is a very prolific poster on Facebook. Maybe he'll rejoin the group here, maybe he won't,  There’s no question that Larry has been incredibly important part of this community,  I think we all would love to see him back. To me, it doesn't matter if he goes back to doing non stop deal threads, but just to have him around would be nice. 

But we've done maybe a dozen threads like this, I don’t think they're suddenly going to make a difference. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

I'm still around...and just because I'm not logged in doesn't mean I don't read the forum!

Thanx for caring and asking!

Good to hear from you!

Welcome back!

If/when you start to post on here again, you should start using affiliate links. I’ve never been a fan of clicking affiliate links, but for the hard work you’ve always put in, I’d be more than happy supporting you. I’m sure others would too!

or don’t… it’d be great just having you back on here :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1