Orygun

David Sprouse

Nice one David ! . . . I'm thinking the "inner logic" will be different for everyone who watches and listens to this. It certainly kept my interest, lots of interesting visuals. Musically, I like the groove, easy going, starts in the country, then city, dancing . . . sonically, maybe the organ melody needs some ambience around it ? Haven't seen you around these parts for a while, nice to hear you're still making some cool music.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:20 PM, noynekker said:

Nice one David ! . . . I'm thinking the "inner logic" will be different for everyone who watches and listens to this. It certainly kept my interest, lots of interesting visuals. Musically, I like the groove, easy going, starts in the country, then city, dancing . . . sonically, maybe the organ melody needs some ambience around it ? Haven't seen you around these parts for a while, nice to hear you're still making some cool music.

Hi Bruce, so true.  Music is so subjectivoso

On 10/17/2022 at 5:27 AM, Jesse Screed said:

🤗

I know, fire the drummer!

On 10/18/2022 at 1:22 AM, Supa Reels said:

Hi David,

Fascinating vibe & video, sounds a little like the tempo has been taken down a notch after recording ..kinda draws you in with the graphics ... really good to see you back mate.👋

ATB

Steve

Good to see u2 steve.  Oregon is a very strange place.  

On 10/18/2022 at 5:22 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi David

intriguing!! love the video, keeps you interested as does the ever changing music

cool job

Nigel

Nigel,  thank you for listening!

On 10/19/2022 at 3:52 PM, Dream Art Scientists said:

Sounds good!

Glad you enjoyed it!

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Orygun was the biggest departure from I would have normally expected from you David. Kind of like the music you would hear in a  Quentin Tarantino or David Lynch movie.

Hey Dawg was very evocative.

Nice job on both.

On 11/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, Bert Guy said:

Orygun is a quirky and enjoyable instrumental, with a  bouncing rhythm and nice surprises in the lead lines.

Laid back to the max.

Cheers,

Bert

Thank you for taking the time to listen and watch.

On 11/6/2022 at 7:36 AM, Bapu said:

Orygun was the biggest departure from I would have normally expected from you David. Kind of like the music you would hear in a  Quentin Tarantino or David Lynch movie.

Hey Dawg was very evocative.

Nice job on both.

The tune in ORYGUN was one of the first songs I wrote.  Thanks for listening and watching, Bapu!

David, you are one of the most unpredictable songwriters going!  Having spent some time in Portland, I was really interested in the first video, especially since the music seemed a departure for you.  Then I was "hey dawg!".  For whatever reason, that resonated within me on a visceral level that surprised me.  Another leap for creativity!

On 11/13/2022 at 3:25 PM, Jesse Screed said:

I have ruminated on this expression for quite some, and it has come to me, that this is honky tonk dirge. Of course it is absolutely nothing like the original. 

I did not watch the video the second time

I don't need a video

who played the guitar

David played guitar

On 11/14/2022 at 10:19 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

David, you are one of the most unpredictable songwriters going!  Having spent some time in Portland, I was really interested in the first video, especially since the music seemed a departure for you.  Then I was "hey dawg!".  For whatever reason, that resonated within me on a visceral level that surprised me.  Another leap for creativity!

Good to see you Lynn, thanks for seeking me out.   Portland is in a dark period these days.  It's very unfortunate.