SynthMaster 2 Player Free (Full sound)

JT music

That's a worthwhile addition to have, especially for free! This is the full $29 Player edition with 2,000 factory presets, not the stripped down always free edition.

It's great for anyone who prefers to only use presets, as it has limited editing capability. But it has 8 macro knobs to adjust the sound in each preset that can be linked to your controller in a similar way as with Analog Lab from Arturia.

Plus you can purchase expansion bank add-ons as desired.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Synthmaster Player was my gateway into the Synthmaster world. If anyone reading this doesn't have it, don't sleep on this freebie.  Grab it while you can. It's a great synth worth far more than its regular price. 

And don't forget the big discounts during sales when upgrading to the full version of Synthmaster 2 and/or Synthmaster One.

A while back I bought Synthmaster Player for about £5 just so I could get those discounts.

Edited by Wibbles
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

25 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

And don't forget the big discounts during sales when upgrading to the full version of Synthmaster 2 and/or Synthmaster One.

A while back I bought Synthmaster Player for about £5 just so I could get those discounts.

Using the SM Player as a step up is a great point, and is basically what got me into the SynthMaster ecosystem.

But don't overlook the fact that SM Player could be all that you need if you are not really into synth programming. It's not as crippled as some players, such as those from Applied Acoustic Systems, for example. Nothing wrong with a synth "ROMpler" with 2,000 presets and a great browser! :)

The usual free SM Player only includes 500 presets.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Using the SM Player as a step up is a great point, and is basically what got into the SynthMaster ecosystem.

But don't overlook the fact that SM Player could be all that you need if you are not really into synth programming. It's not as crippled as some players, such as those from Applied Acoustic Systems, for example. Nothing wrong with a synth "ROMpler" with 2,000 presets and a great browser! :)

I agree with your point, Abacab. I upgraded and now have Synthmaster 1 and 2, but I probably would have been fine  with the player version and purchasing the patch banks they sell (I own several of them), as I have never even attempted to make my own patches. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I agree with your point, Abacab. I upgraded and now have Synthmaster 1 and 2, but I probably would have been fine  with the player version and purchasing the patches they sell (I own several of them), as I have never even attempted to make my own patches. 

I'm a SM fan, I admit. Have the SM "Everything" bundle, and patiently waiting for SM 3 ... and it's only going to be a $35 upgrade from SM 2 (free for "Everything" owners).

SM is an often overlooked synth. SM 3 is going to be a beast!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 4

Something to noodle around with after getting your FREE Synthmaster

In this Synth Secrets, we’re going to use KV331 Audio’s SynthMaster2 to recreate the sound and synths of Polynomial-C by Aphex Twin.

https://www.attackmagazine.com/technique/synth-secrets/make-music-like-aphex-twins-polynomial-c-with-synthmaster2/?mc_cid=ee0b39a044&mc_eid=12894cedea

Edited by aidan o driscoll

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Something to noodle around with after getting your FREE Synthmaster

In this Synth Secrets, we’re going to use KV331 Audio’s SynthMaster2 to recreate the sound and synths of Polynomial-C by Aphex Twin.

https://www.attackmagazine.com/technique/synth-secrets/make-music-like-aphex-twins-polynomial-c-with-synthmaster2/?mc_cid=ee0b39a044&mc_eid=12894cedea

FYI, you will at least need the free demo of the full SynthMaster 2 to follow that tutorial. This Player edition does not allow preset editing.

• Thanks 2

For those who still do not have the full version of the SynthMaster 2 this Player version is a good start for those who want to appreciate its spectacular sounds and sound quality, although this Player version brings all the sounds of the Full version obviously you cannot edit or automate parameters, but it is great to jump in a very economical way to an update of the SMv2

One neat trick you can do with the full SynthMaster 2 is to drag and drop your own samples or wavetables directly into the SM2 oscillator windows in the edit mode. Start with a favorite preset and import your own sounds! No programming required! :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1