Fourteen Years (original song and animation)

Dream Art Scientists

Fourteen Years (original song and video animation). 

Music Style: I call this style 'chill out' music. 

This song was recorded and mixed/mastered in Cakewalk by Bandlab. 

Comments and feedback on the song and mix etc much appreciated. 

Youtube video: 

- DAS - 

Edited by Dream Art Scientists
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, KSband said:

Interesting groove going on, cool animation. It's pretty long without any real changes so my attention span has trouble.

Yes, no doubt this style of music would not be to everyone's taste. It's meant to be more of a chill out style of music where the listener kind of zones out to some extent while listening, so having a lot of changes to really hold the listener's attention closely might tend to be somewhat counter towards that end, but I will take that into consideration. Thanks for the feedback!

41 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

Interesting groove and nice mix

Perhaps a little long, but otherwise all good

Nigel

Thanks for the feedback on the song. Much appreciated! 

video: good, gives the listener a context to imagine while listening

song: not bad at all, it's definitely chill, which i do a variation of mostly....like the ambient genre,  chill, to me anyway, is about getting the most music with the minimum amount of sounds to create a fulfilling listening experience....it is a bit long but not oppressively so, cheers! 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

Great sounding piece with smooth flowing synth wash . . .

You know the vocal sounds like Jim Morrison (The Doors) , intentional ? Or maybe you just got natural swagger :)

If you're going for the "chill out" sound, that works for me, except on my headphone listen there's a regularly occurring high pop crackle sound in the percussion that takes some of my chill away, but overall I certainly enjoyed watching and having a listen.

• Like 1

Love it!  Since I have been listening to Latin American Afrobeat 5minutes and 17. this seems like a short song.  That riff that plays panned right reminds me a bit of one similar in Devo's cover of Satisfaction.  Lyrics and vocal really add to the music  (or is it the other way around?).  No matter  --- I really enjoyed the listen.  Well done!

• Like 1