Bounce to Track - Crashes CbB

icu81b4

Hello, 

Just trying to bounce one audio track onto an empty audio track, and CbB closes without any error.  I am on the latest version of CbB (2022.09 Build 027, 64bit). 

I was on the previous version (02?) when I noticed it and upgraded to .09 to see if that might solve the problem. but it didn't. 

Rgds  Al. 

Edited by icu81b4
add Tags

Likely either a plugin issue or some system-level problem writing the .WAV file.

Any 3rd-party plugins involved? If so, try disabling them temporarily as a test.

If no plugins, automation or clip-editing are involved, you can just drag-copy the clip to a new track (or Duplicate the track to bring automation and other track params/routing along).

Edited by David Baay

1 hour ago, icu81b4 said:

Hello, 

Just trying to bounce one audio track onto an empty audio track, and CbB closes without any error.  I am on the latest version of CbB (2022.09 Build 027, 64bit). 

I was on the previous version (02?) when I noticed it and upgraded to .09 to see if that might solve the problem. but it didn't. 

Rgds  Al. 

Ad Dave said, it's likely plugin-related, but without a dump file it's hard to say for sure. Try other scenarios, particularly in a new project and check if bouncing in general crashes or if it's specific to what you have set up in a given project.

Thanks for the replies, 

I tried removing the plugins from the track in question  (and the master bus/Sub  it was going to) but it still crashed, So I deleted the 52 other tracks and saved the project as a new named single audio track, without any plugins - and that bounced ok. 

So now I have a workaround. as I can import the bounced track back into the original project. 

So it might be a dodgy plugin, but I only use CbB, Universal Audio, Soundtoys or Izotope plugins.... I'd expect these to be faultless,  but evidently not. 

41 minutes ago, icu81b4 said:

Universal Audio

Is this UA hardware or VST plugins (I gather they offer both, now)?  I recall there have been issues with the compatibiliity of hardware-based UA stuff with Fast Bounce. Not sure whether any issues remain or maybe UA might requires a special setting to accomodate it as some plugins do. Try a real-time bounce.

3 hours ago, David Baay said:

Is this UA hardware or VST plugins (I gather they offer both, now)?  I recall there have been issues with the compatibiliity of hardware-based UA stuff with Fast Bounce. Not sure whether any issues remain or maybe UA might requires a special setting to accomodate it as some plugins do. Try a real-time bounce.

I use the vst plug-ins..... been using them for years with no prior issues. 

I'll get back to you re:-  real time bounce. 

• 1 year later...

Similar issue here...
I have a Serum instrument track with 3 active automation lanes, and even real time bounce shuts down Cakewalk with no error message.
Anyone have any luck?? 

Edited by Subcoder