Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Asato Maa

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I have always liked slow, meditative, trance-like music. Lately I've only been listening to this one.
And somehow I shared with a friend, they say I listen to music in one style, and I write in another. To which he said to me: have you tried to write something that you yourself would like to listen to?

And I decided to create such a composition! Today it's officially released! 🔥

This is the most unusual composition for me in all the time of my musical creativity!

What are its features?
1. It has been in the making since January of this year, complete with sounds, instruments, and the right positive frequencies.
2. Its duration is 10 minutes - I have never created anything like this!
3. It consists of 30 tracks!

And now the details.

The composition turned out to be long and dynamic, cosmic and taking somewhere into the depths of the mind, immersing in sensations and memories
When I thought about what to call it, and began to sort out associations, the film of the same name immediately came to mind.

According to my feelings, the sound is dominated by ambient. Although, as a familiar musician said, it turned out to be an electrosymphony 🎺
The composition has been created since January of this year. I wanted to create something breathtaking, immersive and mind-blowing.
And I supplemented the sound with new instruments, frequencies, sounds of nature, voices.

Listening to the melody, at some point I realized that something was missing. Something alive. Guitar? Hmm... A violin?! Violin!
Yes, violin!!!

And so the violin from Nadezhda Loskutova sounded in the project. Nadezhda is an artist of the Tomsk Academic Symphony Orchestra. Live violin even in the recording sounds very sensitive and heartfelt!

And then I wanted to add something to the sound of the violin.

What is the perfect complement to a violin? Of course, the piano!
But the piano should be special, alive! And I turned to the composer and pianist Stanislav Artemiev, who filled the piano part with a new breath!

And then there was the electric guitar...

Feedback on the sound of the composition was given to me by Artemy Artemiev.
Artemy is a composer working in the genre of electronic, electro-acoustic and experimental music, the son of Eduard Artemyev.

Have a good mood and travel to the depths of the eternal radiance of the pure mind along with my music!

Share your thoughts and feelings after listening ❤

The track also is here: https://open.spotify.com/album/2SEGR59feHGlgboa7kWybo

Edited by Asato Maa
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 5:16 PM, Wookiee said:

@Asato Maa I like this it would be a nice track to sit back and drift with, it does have overtones of more recent Tangerine dream tracks sine they lost Edgar.

Mix works well here on the Adam's, my only thought is it might benefit from a middle eight or other breakdown. 

Thank you very much for such a professional answer!
Your comparison of the sound of a track with a tangerine dream is a great honor for me!
I agree about 8 inch monitors. In them, the low frequencies of this composition are transmitted very well!
Although for information I use M-audio BX 5 D3 monitors and AKG k612pro headphones.

If you do not mind, I will be very glad to hear your feedback on my composition Gifts of Altai

Edited by Asato Maa