MNDALA 2 Release + Freebie

Brian Lawler

https://www.mntra.io/product/rasa/

Update for other titles in process.  Freebie "Rasa" is a free sample of other library sounds for the updated MNTRA 2 engine.  Web site is slow ATM.

Requires MNDALA2 host https://www.mntra.io/mndala/

Ad copy:

Rasa is a taste of the vast creative possibilities that our unique instruments have to offer. Drawing from four of Mntra’s instruments, Rasa features four of our sample maps: the large Tibetan Horn (Orakle), the Morin khuur (Arca), Pitched Volcanic Rocks (Atma), and our “Viper” Death Whistle (UDW) Rasa includes 20 expertly curated presets to get you started on the powerful sound sculpting possibilities of our dedicated VST/AU MNDALA 2 engine. Visit us at www.mntra.io Get Rasa ar www.mntra.io/product/rasa

Edited by Brian Lawler
Spelling correction - goofy names missing vowels
  • Thanks 1

From what I got from their website,

"Currently only our latest instrument Huracan, and our free instrument Rasa work with MNDALA 2, but we are in the process of updating them all. Once they are released you will get a free upgrade with lots of additional content!"

I will be waiting!

There was an update for Huracan available, as well as the new Rasa for v2.0. Ran into a couple of presets in Rasa with only silence (missing samples?).

Huracan caused Studio One 5.5.2 to stop responding while switching presets. Had to end it with task manager. 😢

YMMV.

Edited by abacab
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Their stuff never really jelled with me, and this version is no different.  Worked OK in Studio One 6 here, but I don't care for the UI. 

I'm OK with the UI, and some of the sounds are interesting. But I prefer the Soundpaint UI as far as being able to mix any samples in the collection with any other samples, including my own. I own the Atma, Frcture, and Ultrasonic Death Whistle libraries from Mntra.

The MNDALA UI only allows you to select samples from within the current selected library. They need to improve on that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 8:20 PM, abacab said:

I'm OK with the UI, and some of the sounds are interesting. But I prefer the Soundpaint UI as far as being able to mix any samples in the collection with any other samples, including my own. I own the Atma, Frcture, and Ultrasonic Death Whistle libraries from Mntra.

The MNDALA UI only allows you to select samples from within the current selected library. They need to improve on that.

@abacab this is definitely in our roadmap ( with extensive additional controls ). We would have loved to roll it out already but we had to focus on core features in order to be able to ship within a reasonable time frame :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brian D'Oliveira said:

@abacab this is definitely in our roadmap ( with extensive additional controls ). We would have loved to roll it out already but we had to focus on core features in order to be able to ship within a reasonable time frame :)

It would even be cool if you could do so by allowing browsing and selection between all installed sample sets. Maybe working in sample import at some point afterwards.