Exporting Track Names - A Better Way?

chamlin

When exporting a slew of tracks, I want Cakewalk to name those tracks as my tracks are named. But when exporting, I can't just leave a blank field, I have to put something in the field like a - or a letter. Then, I have to remove the letter and dash from all the tracks. Also, Cakewalk adds numbers at the end of the file name. Is there a setting that will allow me to avoid having to clean this up each time? If not, what do you do?

Cakewalk_Naming.png

I don't think so. I hope I'm wrong, but I've asked this before. I wanted my tracks named the way *I* named them, but Cakewalk/sonar always adds those numbers at the end and as far as I know there's no way to stop it, so you'll likely be doing some cleaning one way or another even if just to get rid of those numbers at the end of the file name. 

• Thanks 1

I believe the numbers are based on REC Takes. Each time you hit the record button to record an audio track, Cakewalk adds a number to the name. This helps identify the Audio clips location within the sequence of a track. For example you may have one track with 10 audio clips in it.

Thus-  Kick drum.1 / Kick drum.2 / Kick drum.3

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...