SALE!!! Hammers + Waves Wurli library $49 USD (works with free kontakt player)

PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, Craig N said:

Thankfully I found I have some Wurli tones in Neo Soul Keys 2 that are pretty close once I add a bit of room reverb.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to try that out.

Another UVI library I dig is Pure Sine from the same developer, sounds very fat and creamy (for those who want that kind of sound).

1 hour ago, Peter Hintze said:

@PavlovsCat: have you tried the Vintage Series by 8DIO? I bought the Rhodes and the Wurlitzer.. and they are my go to e-pianos. nothing comes close to them.. 

p. s. I also think the Soundpaint Wurlitzer is dull. I have given it a chance a few times.. but it doesn't keep me going.. 

Interesting,  Peter. I figured the SoundPaint Wurli was the same samples.  I'll check out the 8Dio. Thanks for the tip!

2 hours ago, Peter Hintze said:

p. s. I also think the Soundpaint Wurlitzer is dull. I have given it a chance a few times.. but it doesn't keep me going.. 

Did you try switching from Program to Part, and then only loading the "Keys 1972 Wurli Piano 88 DI main" or the "Mix Main" into a single part slot?

That doesn't sound very dull to me... just my two cents...

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Did you try switching from Program to Part, and then only loading the "Keys 1972 Wurli Piano 88 DI main" or the "Mix Main" into a single part slot?

That doesn't sound very dull to me... just my two cents...

I've tried it and done a lot of customization and made my own programs, but I find the samples are dull and lack the responsive dynamics that are essential to making a Wurli have that special magic.  I don't know if its due to how they put together the layers, but the library is just dull dynamically and all of the effects in the world can't fix that. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

22 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've tried it and done a lot of customization and made my own programs, but I find the samples are dull and lack the responsive dynamics that are essential to making a Wurli have that special magic.  I don't know if its due to how they put together the layers, but the library is just dull dynamically and all of the effects in the world can't fix that. 

Oh well, I thought the part sounded a bit livelier with just the DI and no effects. The rest is probably limited to the quality of the samples themselves...

On 10/12/2022 at 8:59 PM, abacab said:

Oh well, I thought the part sounded a bit livelier with just the DI and no effects. The rest is probably limited to the quality of the samples themselves...

BTW, while I have passionate opinions on Wurlis, I should state that I do respect that a library that doesn't hit the mark for me can be inspiring to someone else. So, I hope it didn't come across as asserting that my opinion is the "right opinion." It's just my opinion, that's all. 

Personally, I love the very distorted patch with the SoundPaint Wurli (the patch with the word "Attitude" in it), but beyond that, I find the library disappointing (although, for 20 bucks, it's still a good deal; but judged as a Wurli library, with the price aside, after spending time with it; it's below my expectations). I'd put the Scarbee 200A above it. And when I listen to the AcousticSamples Wurlie demos, the dynamics really capture what I love about the Wurli's dynamics so well. It's just such a dynamic instrument. It's like a piano. You can play it soft and gentle or you can really go all out and it is a very different beast. I don't get that with the SoundPaint library. And I'm a little annoyed that I have all these Wurli libraries and they really don’t do a great job of capturing those dynamics. And then,  when I recently heard the AcousticSamples library and demos,  it's the first Wurli library that does what I've been looking for. The e-Instruments Wurli sounds really good too, but the dynamics and key sounds in the AcousticSamples demos -- I have yet to hear anything like that.

How obsessed am I with Wurlis? The AcousticSamples developer contacted me and offered me the Black Friday price if I promise to do a Wurli shootout. I told him I'd be hesitant to take a condition because I don't want to feel obligated not to be completely candid about his library. I told him that I know Troels,  but if he gave me an NFR and I gave a brutal review of his library,  he wouldn't be happy-- and I won't shill for anyone.  I would not be a good influencer, because I prefer being honest. If a dev wants marketing and branding advice, that's a different story,, but when I'm sharing my opinions on libraries,  I want to be as open and unfiltered as possible. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2