Darker Side (Jonny Lang cover)

mark skinner

Hello , while I've been in the mood for playing heavier electric , I thought I'd give one of my favorite Jonny Lang songs a shot. I can always use your comments and suggestions for improvement.    Here's a remix with only changes to the vocal track. I think I'm calling it done.          Thank You..   mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 5

Thanks @Lynn Wilson and Rik. I enjoyed doing it , especially my one handed piano parts. I do think I should have pitched it a half step lower. There was quite a bit of straining on the vocals. I'll probably go back in and redo the opening verse. It seems pretty weak to me..  @RikF Great to hear from you. I believe it was your song "blind boy blues" that really got me started playing minor pentatonic blues on electric guitar. It took me 3 months to cover what you did just noodling around.  (and I've still never posted it) This was when I first learned about cleaning the audio folder when you're done with a song. It was 7 gigs from all the undo's and retakes!  I really hope your vision problem has gotten better ..   Thanks ..     mark

Edited by mark skinner

The expression in your guitar playing here is simply remarkable Mark. You ever listen to Ray Charles ? . . . I think your voice is able to wrench out the blues much like his, even a bit edgier. And much appreciation here for your jazzy piano stylings, bang on, really adds to the whole atmosphere of this piece. Now, just don't mess with this mix too much :)

• Like 1

@steve@baselines.com @KSband @Millzy @Bajan Blue @noynekker  Thanks guys for weighing in and commenting I Really appreciate it. And yes Bruce , I've always been a Ray Charles fan but have never done any of his songs. I've thought about "Georgia" a few times. I did a melodyne session this morning on the vocal track. I think I'm happy with it now and will repost a new mix after I sit on it a couple of days. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to check this one out. 

mark