Get Kontakt 7 for 199 crossgrade

satya

1 hour ago, daveiv said:

That's a good idea.

I'd also love to see companies to provide both K5/K6 and K7 versions of their VIs. HiDPI support in K7 is an important feature for many people, but not everyone needs or wants that.

That sounds like a nightmare for a developer though. Providing tech-support and service after the sale is challenging enough when everybody is on the same platform.  It would definitely increase the complexity on the developers side.

29 minutes ago, Jrides said:

That sounds like a nightmare for a developer though. Providing tech-support and service after the sale is challenging enough when everybody is on the same platform.  It would definitely increase the complexity on the developers side.

That's for sure. But then the product will appeal to a significantly bigger audience.

Do you make Kontakt libraries?

2 hours ago, daveiv said:

not everyone needs or wants that.

But...

Software companies just seem to roll with the changes and damn the torpedoes!! To me it looks as if they tell themselves "The new technology is here, it ain't going away, we might as well adapt" regardless of what the majority of the user base wants or needs!!!

I did get Kontak on a good sale (thanks L***y!) but have barely used it. Not because it's not any good, I just haven't adapted to the UI yet.  I have played around a lot with it, but use it? Not sure I have used it in any song yet.

So I am gonna wait till the Komplete sale comes along.

22 minutes ago, Grem said:

But...

Software companies just seem to roll with the changes and damn the torpedoes!! To me it looks as if they tell themselves "The new technology is here, it ain't going away, we might as well adapt" regardless of what the majority of the user base wants or needs!!!

I did get Kontak on a good sale (thanks L***y!) but have barely used it. Not because it's not any good, I just haven't adapted to the UI yet.  I have played around a lot with it, but use it? Not sure I have used it in any song yet.

So I am gonna wait till the Komplete sale comes along.

I don't use any Kontakt library either. I jumped the ship joined the club way too late, I don't need anything particular.

Edited by daveiv
Engirish bad

56 minutes ago, daveiv said:

That's for sure. But then the product will appeal to a significantly bigger audience.

Do you make Kontakt libraries?

no. I have been toying with the idea of doing one. However, been waffling back-and-forth for a while lol.  I have work with big software implementations across different user groups though.  Troubleshooting issues when people have different computers is a job. If they were running different versions of the software… I just can’t imagine SMH. 

as a consumer, I’m right there with you. But I don’t think that would ever happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

After reading this m wondering is just HDi interface update and a new Factory library worth it?

Screenshot_20221013_121048.jpg

All is correct now...
Kontakt 7 because the users have been waiting for it 7 years 🥳

Seriously, the problem here is the balance between the expectation and reality

From my point of view, the features added to this "new" product, not apply to change the number of version

The product changes are corrections and some new feature, but as v7... I think that no... and the price that you have to pay for this upgrade (because is an upgrade really),...

I think that the Marketing department of Kontakt, has not though fine this, or they need/want to do cash in a bad way

The customers are angry and with a lot of rasons