Get Kontakt 7 for 199 crossgrade

satya

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

Wait for the next NI 50% off sale

In last sale the promo always applied to full version not for crossgrade or update as much as i remember 

Edited by satyabrata satapathy

1 hour ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

In last sale the promo always applied to full version not for crossgrade or update as much as i remember 

I got the full Kontakt 6 at the 50% off sale in 2021, and with crossgrade from Player the total was $124.50. I think the crossgrade was $249 at the time without a sale.

I also received the same offer in 2020, but I passed it up then. Maybe they didn't offer the same deal in 2022?

Probably need to check with Larry on the specifics here... oh, wait!!! 🤪

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

They generally have different types of sales, some of which are on full versions and some on Updates/Upgrades/CrossGrades.
So it will probably come around again.

HDPI scalability, thought out properly, shouldn't be anything insane.

Limited DPI detection has been a thing since Win2K and it's only gotten easier in Win 8.1 and Win 10.

Speaking out of experience, as DPI scaling was my first task at my new job a few years ago.

Then again NI was hurting for money and had even laid off some of their software and sound engineers a while back.

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

The main question is, are you really going to use it???

The answer for me is that the full Kontakt opened up the excellent inexpensive Indiginus libraries which require full Kontakt, as well as numerous free Kontakt libraries that don't work in Player.

Plus I got a sweet upgrade to Komplete 13 the following year!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

I honestly don't see any reason to update yet. It took years for companies to really start making anything for Kontakt 6 that didn't use Player. Many companies are still developing their libraries using Kontakt 5. I'd personally say give it a year or so before spending the money because chances are, there isn't going to be much worth upgrading for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Batwaffel said:

I honestly don't see any reason to update yet. It took years for companies to really start making anything for Kontakt 6 that didn't use Player. Many companies are still developing their libraries using Kontakt 5. I'd personally say give it a year or so before spending the money because chances are, there isn't going to be much worth upgrading for.

Breaking backwards compatibility is profitable for software companies. I expect a wave of "Custom-tailored for K7" sample libraries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveiv said:

Breaking backwards compatibility is profitable for software companies. I expect a wave of "Custom-tailored for K7" sample libraries.

That's one of the reasons I like being able to keep Kontakt 5 installed on it's own. I will likely keep both 5 and 6 installed once I do upgrade to 7.

3 minutes ago, Batwaffel said:

That's one of the reasons I like being able to keep Kontakt 5 installed on it's own. I will likely keep both 5 and 6 installed once I do upgrade to 7.

That's a good idea.

I'd also love to see companies to provide both K5/K6 and K7 versions of their VIs. HiDPI support in K7 is an important feature for many people, but not everyone needs or wants that.