SHIFT + G does not work when recording multiple tracks at once

orhor

Hello, this is a bug report.

shift + G works when there is no track armed for recording or just one track armed for recording.

when there are multiple tracks armed then shift + G does not work.

Thank you

Edited by orhor

You're probably mistaking that shortcut to another DAW. 

Cakewalk Shortcut for recordings: 

Record: R

Step Record on/off:   SHIFT+R

Arm all tracks for recording: CTRL+R (then just press R)

Toggle Track Arm for selected track: ALT+R

Edited by Will.

37 minutes ago, Will. said:

You're probably mistaking that shortcut to another DAW. 

Cakewalk Shortcut for recordings: 

Record: R

Step Record on/off:   SHIFT+R

Arm all tracks for recording: CTRL+R (then just press R)

Toggle Track Arm for selected track: ALT+R

SHIFT + G means Go to the beginning of the selection in Cakewalk. Try to have Play head line for instance at the beginning of the project at the time 0:0:0. Select any clip by clicking at the very top ribbon of the clip. This way of selecting does not change the Play head position. But as you can see in a selection   module the selection is changed. With the clip selected press SHIFT + G. Or alternatively you can just click anywhere in the project. Nothing is really selected, but in the selection module the beginning and the end of the selection as well is set to a place you just clicked on.

I usually use this shortcut when recording:

I click in the project at the place I want to start recording. I press R to start recording. I make a mistake. I press the Spacebar to stop recording. I press CTRL + Z to undo recording. I pres SHIFT + G to go to the place I want the recording to begin and repeat the process.

This works when I record a el. guitar for example, because only one track is armed. When I record acoustic guitar and use two tracks - one for mic and one for line, thus two tracks are armed, then the SHIFT + G does not move the Now cursor to desired position. 

Then I as a workaround use a loop set with its beginning on a place I want to start recording and an end far behind the place I want my recording to be stopped, then I can use W to move on the beginning of the loop.

So the 'bug' has nothing to do with the function of Shift+G (Now=From). It's that when you record a single track, the From and Thru times stay where you last set the Now time and started recording, but when you record more than one track, the From and Thru times change to the time you stopped recording.

Using 'On Stop Rewind' options as suggested (including Shift+Spaceebar to get the opposite of whatever option is currently set) is the better way to handle this need, but it's definitely inconsistent that the From and Thru times change only when you record more than one track.