GK Amplification 3 Pro

Marc Cormier

13 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

According to their website it also works on Mac OS X 10.11 - macOS 12.

Mac options are: AAX 64b, AU 64b, VST3 64b, Apple Silicon Native.

Ok, thanks
I will check it because when I go to downloads page in my PC, I have the option to download for Windows only

I suppose that I will have to download it from macOS then...

3 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Plugin Boutique has the upgrade from GK 2 on sale for $19.

Looks like the lite edition is free at the moment, normally $9.

Bummer, got ripped, paid the intro price direct from Audified.

You win some you lose some.

[Edit] Come to think of it, I may have won, this weeks SSL Fusion Plugin has gone up for sale, the Violet EQ, and I already own it, so there you have it, I've saved. Works for me. 😁

Edited by heath row
  • Haha 1

Four notes:

1) Purchased and downloaded from Plugin Boutique for 49 € (VAT included). No code needed. Audified says v3.0.0. Plugin Boutique says v1.0.0. Sigh.

2) VST3 only. No VST2 or Standalone like v2. No biggie for me. Runs fine in Gig Performer, so no need to load Studio One.

3) Installs 32-bit VST3 and 32- and 64-bit AAX without explicit permission. Requires manual deletion of those installs.

4) Stupid nested subdirectories for the install into Common Files/VST3. Sheesh.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Zo said:

Is it any good ?

better that the PA 800 ?

no upgrade from LE to full ? lol 

Bonjour, Zo.

I just installed it and haven't had the time to play much through it, so can't say. But the demos I've heard sound really good. That said, I collect bass amp sims like apartment floors collect dust bunnies. I've yet to buy one that I wound up hating. 😅🎸

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, John Maar said:

Bonjour, Zo.

I just installed it and haven't had the time to play much through it, so can't say. But the demos I've heard sound really good. That said, I collect bass amp sims like apartment floors collect dust bunnies. I've yet to buy one that I wound up hating. 😅🎸

Been doing prestesfor amplitube 5 and i m quite happy with what i have , looking to minimise use of PA plugins and so looking for alternatives ... never been a fan of gk but when i heard the 800  i was like i simply didn t heard the good one lol...

jsut cirious about this one , between the Softube eden , neural dsp darkface , at5 , stl tones , softube bassroom , overloud markbass , i think can have a good sound anyhow lol ...even gtr rig gave me a good sound ...

The ampeg official is imho superb but cpu hit is a pain , but if someone want ampeg and just a standalone to play bass , bingo..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Been doing prestesfor amplitube 5 and i m quite happy with what i have , looking to minimise use of PA plugins and so looking for alternatives ... never been a fan of gk but when i heard the 800  i was like i simply didn t heard the good one lol...

jsut cirious about this one , between the Softube eden , neural dsp darkface , at5 , stl tones , softube bassroom , overloud markbass , i think can have a good sound anyhow lol ...even gtr rig gave me a good sound ...

The ampeg official is imho superb but cpu hit is a pain , but if someone want ampeg and just a standalone to play bass , bingo..

Yeah, the Ampeg SVT Suite is still on version 1.0.0 as far as I know. It sure could use some CPU optimization. I also have AT5, NA's Blackice Beta Gamma, Kuassa's Cerberus, Muramasa Audio's Bassment (check it out;  sold by UnitedPlugins at Bassment) and Guitar Rig v5 (haven't upgraded it to v6, which I've heard sounds a lot better). I have an old version of Overloud's TH3 from my days using SONAR Platinum, but it's not upgradable and they won't give me an upgrade price for TH-U; I'd have to pay full price.

Not a normal amp sim, but Gong Amp by AudioThing is fun to play with.

Gong Amp

I have a bunch of other Kuassa amp sims, plus I'm sure there are others hiding on my SSD that I've forgotten about.

Time for an open E E E E E E E E E E E E E solo!

Bonne journée, mon ami.

N.B. I've attached a Guitar Rig v5 preset for Hank Marvin's Apache guitar sound. It's pretty cool. Here's the video I got that preset from.

And just for fun, here's the video from the guy who created Gong Amp.

Hank Marvin Apache.ngrr

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:23 AM, Zo said:

Is it any good ?

better that the PA 800 ?

no upgrade from LE to full ? lol 

I got the PA version the other day and that sounds better than the LE (Free) version of this, but I actually don't mind the sound of the LE either. Not a bad freebie. For my tastes V3 sounds much better than V2.

I can't comment on Pro, but given it should sound better than LE hopefully, it might be worth a demo.

5 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks JOHN ... 

@MusicMan the LE version is crap imho the real amp to have is the 800 , at least if you want jazzy to crunch like me , for a metal the LE is ok ....

I like metal/heavier as well, which is what I was mainly aiming/hoping for with the LE as I'm well covered across my other amp sims for smooth tones, or a little backed off on the gain. The PA I liked all round though, as it seemed to handle between both of those spectrums well.