CLAP (CLever Audio Plug-in API)

sadicus

Finally someone is seriously working to stop VST... I hope that happens soon. There is no reason to allow one company have power to enforce own rules on "standard interface" between hosts and plug-ins which have nothing to do with the company.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, azslow3 said:

Finally someone is seriously working to stop VST... I hope that happens soon. There is no reason to allow one company have power to enforce own rules on "standard interface" between hosts and plug-ins which have nothing to do with the company.

Don't forget ASIO.😂

21 hours ago, azslow3 said:

The reality is that it's an incredible amount of work to support any new protocol and deal with the inevitable bugs and confusion. VST3 is flawed in many ways and its design is a bit strange, but at least it is extensible.
Decades ago in the 2000's, Cakewalk started an open plugin standard discussion with all DAW and Plugin vendors. The specification was in discussion for over a year, and nothing came of it despite it being way better than anything out there at the time. Often, it's not the best thing that sees adoption, there are many factors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/11/2022 at 2:37 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

The reality is that it's an incredible amount of work to support any new protocol and deal with the inevitable bugs and confusion

So are you saying that there is no plan to support the CLAP protocol for Cakewalk?

Syphus