meddy

michael edwards

Question

I am importing audio songs into cakewalk blank project.They import fine and play well. But when I select them to enter them into PLAYLIST and then play them from playlist the tempos are wrong...usually faster than the original audio file..Can someone help regarding steps i am missing...For background info i´m importing through the File..import audio method.

14 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, michael edwards said:

Thank you for replying....I'm not sure what yiu mean however ...'Open ' in the file , menu yes I understand ... But try this to open what ?..

I mean the In dividual songs in the playlist open and play ...but they play at different tempos to that of the completed and saved ..

23 minutes ago, michael edwards said:

I mean the In dividual songs in the playlist open and play ...but they play at different tempos to that of the completed and saved ..

I tried opening the PLAYLIST from the 'file' , 'open' menu but same result ... When I open the song project it plays well at the correct tempo set to follow grid tempo.. but after opening the PLAYLIST  and selecting the song to play then it plays at wrong tempo and wrong pitch ...compared to the original audio clip that was imported .

Ok. I was thinking of midifiles that keep the tempo information if you open the midifile instead of importing it.

I have no idea what could be wrong with the playlist.

Do you export the song from the project to a folder somewhere? Where you go and load them into the playlist.

If so, it could be the export that messes them up. It happens sometimes when there's a wrong or missing setting in the export.

Hi . Thanks again for your consideration if this ...I'm not exporting ... I just open a blank template .  Then I take an audio file from a folder in the pc where I keep downloaded backing tracks or karaoke tracks . So I take one of those files and drag it or double click it into an audio track ..I do ALT A . to select CLIP FOLLOW PROJECT TEMPO ..then I set the project tempo....then I go to SAVE PROJECT AS...... and give the CW project a name and I save the projects to a folder of Cakewalk projects.....When I start a new PLAYLIST i use my pc browser to go the my cakewalk projects folder then I double click to load a particular project file ( song) I to the playlist .....Then comes the problem ..if I start the playlist the tempo and pitch if the songs is high ... But if I close the playlist and just open the project file the song plays fine .  I'm baffled .  Lol. But listen I appreciate your comments . Thank you 

I checked out "playlist" now. Never used it and it seems you can't do much wrong.

It have a column for bpm. Does it tell the right bpm?

It's natural for the pitch to change when the bpm changes.

I tried 3 project songs. 2 was fine but the third complained about an vsti missing. It wasn't but i think it was an updated version. It wouldn't play that song. All three showed the right bpm.

It only loaded the first song but didn't start playing. Had to click play manually in the transport. It continued ok to the second and wouldn't play the third.

Edited by Kurre
correction.

2 hours ago, Kurre said:

I checked out "playlist" now. Never used it and it seems you can't do much wrong.

It have a column for bpm. Does it tell the right bpm?

It's natural for the pitch to change when the bpm changes.

Yes ref the BPM in the playlist it's a good point ... I'm not sure what it states as the BPM ..I will check it later.... And you are correct there isn't much that can go wrong with this ...  Frankly I was using Ableton but the free version .. and the number of tracks available is limited to 8. Without upgrading to a paid version .... So this is why I switched to cakewalk ....but seems like there are many areas in Cakewalk that cause issues ..... You sound quite experienced. With it .but I'm not at all so feels like a minefield ..I'm trying to do something very simple with this playlist lol...

On 10/12/2022 at 8:46 AM, michael edwards said:

I do ALT A . to select CLIP FOLLOW PROJECT TEMPO ..then I set the project tempo....

You're not missing a step, you're doing one that makes your tracks play at the wrong tempo.

Why are you telling it to import at the project tempo rather than leaving the clip at its original tempo?

• Like 2

I preview audio and drag audio from the mediabrowser in to the track. I never used alt a.

I didn't react to that because i thought it was personal and necessary in this case.

Regards playlist i use another way to shift songs, sometimes. It isn't automatic and it probably have limitations in number of songs.

I open projects without closing them. You can find the open projects in the filemenu under windows. Then select and shift to the one to use next. I have had 4 projects at a time so far but nothing suggest there can't be more.

3 hours ago, Kurre said:

I preview audio and drag audio from the mediabrowser in to the track. I never used alt a.

I didn't react to that because i thought it was personal and necessary in this case.

Regards playlist i use another way to shift songs, sometimes. It isn't automatic and it probably have limitations in number of songs.

I open projects without closing them. You can find the open projects in the filemenu under windows. Then select and shift to the one to use next. I have had 4 projects at a time so far but nothing suggest there can't be more.

Should be menu bar.

Shift is a verb in this case.

Edited by Kurre
correction.