Tranquil (ambient pop music)

Larry T.

hi again!!...latest creation called Tranquil (ambient pop music)....comments, critiques and questions welcomed 🎶🎶🎶🎶

link: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/tranquil-ambient-pop-music

tranquil pic Large.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 5 lite, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Special Thanks to Mike Enjo at #creativesauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
  • Like 4

I like it. The only critique, (minimal) I would have liked the guitar if it had a bit more space. It felt a little too upfront for an otherwise dreamy type song. Maybe either a bit of echo, reverb, or something. Very nice playing and tune.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 11:24 PM, Dream Art Scientists said:

Sounds good!

Thanks! 🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 10/10/2022 at 7:35 AM, Bill Campbell said:

Nice  stuff! 😃

Thanks! 🎶🎶🎶🎶

23 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Very relaxing and very enjoyable - very nicely put together

Cool Stuff

Nigel

Thanks! 🎶🎶🎶🎶 

22 hours ago, DaveT2 said:

I like it. The only critique, (minimal) I would have liked the guitar if it had a bit more space. It felt a little too upfront for an otherwise dreamy type song. Maybe either a bit of echo, reverb, or something. Very nice playing and tune.

Thanks! I originally wanted the song to be acoustic guitar only but it seemed to need some separation or individualization of the sections....i was trying to get the acoustic guitars (there are two different ones, one panned full left, the other full right) combined harmonics to be the echo or reverb and they do to some extent but they are dry, not even EQ'ed except on one that needed a small increase in the high spectrum 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.

18 hours ago, jwnicholson78 said:

Beautiful.  Guitars sound great.

I would have loved to hear some minimal percussion to add some rhythmic feel.

jeff

Thanks jeff....i'm starting to teach myself how to get a handle on the SI Drums VST....the unpredictable time lag when playing/recording is a real mood killer, i'm using the Piano Roll view, existing tracks waveforms, my ears, whatever i can to get the percussion placed where i hear it in my head recorded....so far the results are spotty at best, detrimental to the song at worst and not worth my thinking and energy....quantizing doesn't work unless it's the same beat throughout the whole song and the stuff i write is not that way....but i'm trying....i know the right percussion will take the songs to a higher level 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.

4 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Nice chill sounds.  Is that plane photo the US or Europe?  I think a nice vocal could be worked over this.  Maybe like a Warren Zevon but I'm just spit balling here.

Thanks steve....I think those peaks are in the Front Range in Colorado, southwest of Denver...yes, I wrote this with lyrics back in the late seventies or so hoping to get Linda Ronstadt interested but couldn't make the hook up 🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 10/14/2022 at 1:40 PM, antler said:

Sounding good! Definitely lives up to its name - it certainly calmed me down. Great work Larry!

Thanks antler....i tried to keep it as effective but as uncluttered as i could 🎶🎶🎶🎶