How to copy a synth as is

timboalogo

Hi all,

I was watching the video below where the guy hits something in his DAW and he gets a copy of his Scaler 2  with all the settings that he had edited in his first. It wasn't a new synth inserted, but a copy of the synth he was working on with all its settings intact. BTW Scaler 2 looks very cool.

Can this be done in our Sonar? The only way I can think of is to make a track template of the original synth and re-insert it, if you know what I mean.

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer but I think I didn't explain this properly: Whatever he does in the video actually inserts a new copy of Scaler as well with the same settings as the original Scaler. When I choose Duplicate Track, it just copies the audio or midi track and gives them the same properties, effects and sends as the original, but not the VSTi (and it's settings) that was inserted on the audio track.

In the video (I think it is 5 seconds before my timestamp), this seems to happen.

Is it possible in CbB?

1 hour ago, timboalogo said:

When I choose Duplicate Track, it just copies the audio or midi track and gives them the same properties, effects and sends as the original, but not the VSTi (and it's settings) that was inserted on the audio track.

Works for me.

Here is a video demonstrating the duplicate tracks feature. It shows instances of Scaler 2 being duplicated using an instrument track and an audio+MIDI track pair. Opening the new instance of the plug-in UI shows the same pattern information as the original instance.

• First the video shows the original instance of Scaler 2 VST2,as an instrument track.
  • The track is duplicated.
  • Then the first instance of Scaler 2 is closed and the second one is opened to show the chord pattern is the same as the original.
  • Then this is undone, and the original instrument track is split into an audio+MIDI track pair and its instance of Scaler 2 is opened to show the pattern has not changed.
  • After duplicating the audio+MIDI track pair, the new instance of Scaler 2 again shows the same chord pattern.
  • Finally, the video shows the current duplicate tracks settings options used in this video.

kCq5RfZ.gif

• Like 3