SampleTank 4.2 drag and drop

Xel Ohh

If you haven't already you should check out IK's SampleTank 4.2 they have a free version that does the drag and drop features you can see me create a beat from scratch in cakewalk.

Hope this helps with sounds and creating..😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, abacab said:

Interesting tutorial! It had never before occurred to me to import samples into ST4. 👍

The 4.2 software that came out in March I think started allowing you to do this... Before that you had to do a lot of stuff to import samples like have the key to every sample and they had to be labeled and formated a certain way for it to work. I'm glad they updated this feature it could be helpful..😀

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Xel Ohh said:

The 4.2 software that came out in March I think started allowing you to do this . . . .

Thanks @Xel Ohh for this tidbit and @abacab for prompting it.  Looks like I updated to 4.2.2 mid-July (from an earlier version), but I have not done too much of anything serious with it since. I gave up on trying to use the ST4 Editor after first trying that.  I have tons of hardware sampler and software banks (CDs and files) and would love to be able to use them in a reasonably full-featured contemporary multi-timbral soft synth.  It is now on my list to explore. 

Found it in the user manual: 

3.9.1 – Drag-and-Drop Samples

Drag-and-Drop a .wav or .aiff file from any folder on your computer into the Instrument column. This will open the Import Samples dialog where you can set some basic parameters for the imported sample. You may drag multiple files or even a folder of files into the Instrument column to import multiple samples simultaneously, such as the many samples of a piano or synthesizer that will be mapped across the keyboard and in several velocity zones. Note that you may also similarly drag-and-drop samples into the Instrument name fields on the Mixer Window and Layer Editor

Thanks for showing us this!!!  

Edited by User 905133
added section 3.9.1 from the user manual; corrected prior version info; got rid of duplicate phrase
  • Like 2