The art world is just as fickle...

mettelus

After seeing all the numerous threads over the years of people struggling to perfect tracks, gain audiences, etc., this news piece shows it exists everywhere.

Anecdote first... when in high school I saw a portrait that a girl had done of an elderly man's face for a competition. It was so detailed that it looked like a photograph and even had the pores in his nose. What shocked me most was that it was done in watercolor. Amazing talent.

To contrast this... news article from yesterday... "Mondrian painting could be auctioned for more than $50 million"

AA12Ggff.img?w=727&h=721&m=6

Just makes me wonder how the folks who walk up to a wall with a crate of spray paint cans and do realistic murals feel when they see articles like this...

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, mettelus said:

After seeing all the numerous threads over the years of people struggling to perfect tracks, gain audiences, etc., this news piece shows it exists everywhere.

Anecdote first... when in high school I saw a portrait that a girl had done of an elderly man's face for a competition. It was so detailed that it looked like a photograph and even had the pores in his nose. What shocked me most was that it was done in watercolor. Amazing talent.

To contrast this... news article from yesterday... "Mondrian painting could be auctioned for more than $50 million"

AA12Ggff.img?w=727&h=721&m=6

Just makes me wonder how the folks who walk up to a wall with a crate of spray paint cans and do realistic murals feel when they see articles like this...

Needs more cowbell.