Jump to content
Supa Reels

GOING SOUTH

Recommended Posts

Thought I'd do this while my ribs repair after a DIY incident ... W e l l it keeps me busy ....

Edited by Supa Reels
spelling
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice vocals indeed, and they get a lot of support from well chosen pads and bgv.

For a nit, it felt like the drum programming was throwing in a lot of fills in the middle of sung verses, a bit distracting for me.

Uh, the ending??? 😳 is something planned???

There is a crapton to like here and your vocals top the list, very good song worthy of everyone's time.

cheers,

-Tom

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Steve

Really good song, and the vocals are excellent - there was like a scratching sound in the mix that I found a little off-putting, apart from that all good

Nigel

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another fine example of your brilliant song writing and singing!  This takes me back to the days of Gerry Rafferty.  Overall, it seems a bit trebly and shy in the low end, but it still  has a lot of magic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2022 at 6:02 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Very nice vocals indeed, and they get a lot of support from well chosen pads and bgv.

For a nit, it felt like the drum programming was throwing in a lot of fills in the middle of sung verses, a bit distracting for me.

Uh, the ending??? 😳 is something planned???

There is a crapton to like here and your vocals top the list, very good song worthy of everyone's time.

cheers,

-Tom

 

First I apologize for the late response (Still in pain 😞) ... yep, this mix left me a bit fed up with the song ... had a load of hits on Soundcloud ... they know nothing of a good song mixed badly, bless them and I take the crapton bit as guidance , loads of this and that, which is spray foam gone mad !!.. when I feel I've done a little better I will remix ..really appreciate your ear on this AND completely agree 

Stay well

Steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2022 at 10:02 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Steve

Really good song, and the vocals are excellent - there was like a scratching sound in the mix that I found a little off-putting, apart from that all good

Nigel

 

Thanks mate ..I know you don't really mean it but it feels good anyway .. well maybe my vocal LOL 9_9

Stay well

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Another fine example of your brilliant song writing and singing!  This takes me back to the days of Gerry Rafferty.  Overall, it seems a bit trebly and shy in the low end, but it still  has a lot of magic.

 

On 10/8/2022 at 11:04 PM, Dream Art Scientists said:

Great singing, great song!

Hi Lynn thanks for the comments, as said I will remix as  feel it's not my best work .. But Gerry Rafferty ..Wow!

Stat well my friend

Steve

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thanks for your comment Dream Art ..Means a lot ☺️

Steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to hear about your DYI incident and hope that you are on the mend! 

What a nice song!  Your lyrics, instrumentation, and vocals are great!  There are a few "idiosyncrasies" as mentioned above but  given your talent I am sure you could quickly address them.  Well done!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, freddy j said:

I'm sorry to hear about your DIY incident and hope that you are on the mend! 

What a nice song!  Your lyrics, instrumentation, and vocals are great!  There are a few "idiosyncrasies" as mentioned above but  given your talent I am sure you could quickly address them.  Well done!!

Thanks for your blessing mate, at my age I should know better LOL.

Must admit this needs work but I appreciate your ears and comments .. many thanks

Best regards

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As noted the mix needs a little attention, nicely sung vocal, I will reserve judgment on the rest post recovery and remix.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Great change at the 2 min. mark. This song surely deserves further attention. Very well written and sung.  Very Nice ..  mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of your best, Steve!

A couple notes I took while listening:

Needs a little more intro
0:38 the bgv  fits the voc really well
1:35 I thought I was hearing some static here?
2:25 bgv might be overpowering here

Really impressed with the orchestration. So nice.

The word "incident" and the Harley photo conjures up some images

-Bjorn
------------------------------------------------

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2022 at 2:48 PM, mark skinner said:

 Great change at the 2 min. mark. This song surely deserves further attention. Very well written and sung.  Very Nice ..  mark

Thanks for that it really does mean a lot ... but then you know that as a fellow songwriter

ATB

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2022 at 5:45 AM, bjornpdx said:

One of your best, Steve!

A couple notes I took while listening:

Needs a little more intro
0:38 the bgv  fits the voc really well
1:35 I thought I was hearing some static here?
2:25 bgv might be overpowering here

Really impressed with the orchestration. So nice.

The word "incident" and the Harley photo conjures up some images

-Bjorn
------------------------------------------------

I really have to do the whole thing again ..without the pain .. the fact that you were impressed could mean I won't get my head out of the studio 😅 ,,many thanks for your advice and comments ...watch this space 

Take care and atb ( Soft tails can be troublesome LOL )

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...