GOING SOUTH

Supa Reels

Very nice vocals indeed, and they get a lot of support from well chosen pads and bgv.

For a nit, it felt like the drum programming was throwing in a lot of fills in the middle of sung verses, a bit distracting for me.

Uh, the ending??? 😳 is something planned???

There is a crapton to like here and your vocals top the list, very good song worthy of everyone's time.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 6:02 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Very nice vocals indeed, and they get a lot of support from well chosen pads and bgv.

For a nit, it felt like the drum programming was throwing in a lot of fills in the middle of sung verses, a bit distracting for me.

Uh, the ending??? 😳 is something planned???

There is a crapton to like here and your vocals top the list, very good song worthy of everyone's time.

cheers,

-Tom

First I apologize for the late response (Still in pain 😞) ... yep, this mix left me a bit fed up with the song ... had a load of hits on Soundcloud ... they know nothing of a good song mixed badly, bless them and I take the crapton bit as guidance , loads of this and that, which is spray foam gone mad !!.. when I feel I've done a little better I will remix ..really appreciate your ear on this AND completely agree 

Stay well

Steve

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 10:02 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Steve

Really good song, and the vocals are excellent - there was like a scratching sound in the mix that I found a little off-putting, apart from that all good

Nigel

Thanks mate ..I know you don't really mean it but it feels good anyway .. well maybe my vocal LOL 9_9

Stay well

Steve

On 10/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Another fine example of your brilliant song writing and singing!  This takes me back to the days of Gerry Rafferty.  Overall, it seems a bit trebly and shy in the low end, but it still  has a lot of magic.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:04 PM, Dream Art Scientists said:

Great singing, great song!

Hi Lynn thanks for the comments, as said I will remix as  feel it's not my best work .. But Gerry Rafferty ..Wow!

Stat well my friend

Steve

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for your comment Dream Art ..Means a lot ☺️

Steve

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about your DYI incident and hope that you are on the mend! 

What a nice song!  Your lyrics, instrumentation, and vocals are great!  There are a few "idiosyncrasies" as mentioned above but  given your talent I am sure you could quickly address them.  Well done!!

13 hours ago, freddy j said:

I'm sorry to hear about your DIY incident and hope that you are on the mend! 

What a nice song!  Your lyrics, instrumentation, and vocals are great!  There are a few "idiosyncrasies" as mentioned above but  given your talent I am sure you could quickly address them.  Well done!!

Thanks for your blessing mate, at my age I should know better LOL.

Must admit this needs work but I appreciate your ears and comments .. many thanks

Best regards

Steve

One of your best, Steve!

A couple notes I took while listening:

Needs a little more intro
0:38 the bgv  fits the voc really well
1:35 I thought I was hearing some static here?
2:25 bgv might be overpowering here

Really impressed with the orchestration. So nice.

The word "incident" and the Harley photo conjures up some images

-Bjorn
------------------------------------------------

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2022 at 2:48 PM, mark skinner said:

Great change at the 2 min. mark. This song surely deserves further attention. Very well written and sung.  Very Nice ..  mark

Thanks for that it really does mean a lot ... but then you know that as a fellow songwriter

ATB

Steve

On 10/26/2022 at 5:45 AM, bjornpdx said:

One of your best, Steve!

A couple notes I took while listening:

Needs a little more intro
0:38 the bgv  fits the voc really well
1:35 I thought I was hearing some static here?
2:25 bgv might be overpowering here

Really impressed with the orchestration. So nice.

The word "incident" and the Harley photo conjures up some images

-Bjorn
------------------------------------------------

I really have to do the whole thing again ..without the pain .. the fact that you were impressed could mean I won't get my head out of the studio 😅 ,,many thanks for your advice and comments ...watch this space 

Take care and atb ( Soft tails can be troublesome LOL )

Steve