Moving sample library n stuff Again :-(

Pathfinder

So Got Kontakt 7 upgrade from 6-yes I know, probably pretty much the same but I like latest greatest or whatever.

Anyhow, once again Kontakt used a mind of it's own and installed ALL conent (45gb or so to the C:\User\public docs folder. I don't get it. Native instruments, I love kontakt since version 1 but their install process sucks. You MUST use native access (it seems) No customize in native access.
So I have see attached pict. I know from this website J link is the way to go. 

So, using Win explorer I moved Kontakt Factory Library 2 to my sample drive E:\Sample Disk.
So is this the correct command?   mklink /j “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Kontakt Factory Library 2” “E:\Sample Disk”

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-C Drive User folder.png

Depends on whether you've actually referenced any of the new content in a project. If not, then the cleanest and most straightforward solution is to uninstall K7 and reinstall it at the desired location.

I can think of only a few reasons to use a symbolic link:

• the installer does not offer an option to choose the location
  • you have projects that use the new content that would be broken by a reinstall
  • you want to add a new drive dedicated to samples and need to move gobs of libraries over to it
  • Thanks 1

Native Access provides options for choosing your own installation paths for the libraries as well as the plugins and as has been mentioned the option to Relocate an already installed program and/or application.

It seems many companies now have dedicated Installation Managers to help keep on top of the large volumes of associated files. Apart from programs I have a dedicated Installation Manager folder on my Windows Desktop where I keep them all. 

• Thanks 1