Antares Auto-Tune Access - $40

ALC

31 minutes ago, ALC said:

I'm looking to use an auto tuner for live use.

Any experience comparing between Antares Auto-Tune Access, Waves Tune Real-Time, or bx_crispytuner?

Never compared all of them but bx_crispytuner was just ~$15 and that is what I would have grabbed if I was in the market and didn't already have it to see if it was good enough.  

If you are using it "live" as in live in front of a crowd with a PA, depending on the setup this can be tricky as mic bleed can be more than you think it is which also gets processed.  If "live" just means real time in the studio recording enviornemnt, then not much to be concerned about.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

You can usually find this on kvr for cheaper. I don’t know about the other ones but this one sounds pretty nice compared to MAutoPitch and ReaTune.

Thanks for the pointer to KVR.  Looks like there are deals to be had on the Buy & Sell forum (which I haven't seriously investigated before).

MAutoPitch doesn't seem to be low-latency/real time for live use.  ReaTune seems to be Reaper only.

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Never compared all of them but bx_crispytuner was just ~$15 and that is what I would have grabbed if I was in the market and didn't already have it to see if it was good enough.  

If you are using it "live" as in live in front of a crowd with a PA, depending on the setup this can be tricky as mic bleed can be more than you think it is which also gets processed.  If "live" just means real time in the studio recording enviornemnt, then not much to be concerned about.

I actually did grab bx_crispytuner already.  Will have to try it out.

Yes, it'll be used for live performance.  Good to know about bleed.

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

This version is absolute trash. For the price, crispy tuner is much better and more comparable to full version of autotune. Even waves tune real time( on sale of course) is a much better option. The tuner in izotope nectar is even better.

Why do you consider it absolute trash?  It seem to have the necessary features.  I care about the sound--from reading reviews, it doesn't seem that Auto-Tune falls down compared to Waves.  Also, keep in mind that this is for live use, which means low-latency.  I'm not aware that iZotope Nectar has a low-latency mode.

I appreciate all the input.  Thanks.

56 minutes ago, ALC said:

Why do you consider it absolute trash?  It seem to have the necessary features.  I care about the sound--from reading reviews, it doesn't seem that Auto-Tune falls down compared to Waves.  Also, keep in mind that this is for live use, which means low-latency.  I'm not aware that iZotope Nectar has a low-latency mode.

I appreciate all the input.  Thanks.

Fair question.  It simply does not work anywhere near the regular version.  You basically have two degrees of effect that is either extremely subtle or full on robot. no ability to refine . You have major and minor key only. No ability for modes like Phrygian or Dorian, modes that are common in the kind of music autotune is often used for. i got it for free and we NEVER use it.  The tuning program ion Logic is better. Even the free one by auburn sounds gave a much better sound. It is clearly a product so stripped down that it is designed to frustrate you into buying full product. Don't take my word on it, but if you must find out for yourself, get it free or for$5 or so dollars on kvr  like everyone else.

• Thanks 1