Focusrite Collective - new bundled software

Frank

The latest instalment of the exclusive Plug-In Collective community giveaway is MASSIVE from Native Instruments and Ozone Elements from iZotope, normally sold for $149.00 and $129.99, respectively.

Focusrite hardware owners can sign into their customer account and get access for free before the 12th January 2023 (4pm GMT).

In addition, access the three-month free trial of KOMPLETE NOW, usually sold for $9.99 per month.

https://customer.focusritegroup.com/en/my-hardware

You managed to post this 10 seconds before me. 🤠

Also Massive code redeem doesn't work ATM.

We are aware of a problem where you may be unable to redeem a code for MASSIVE when pressing the 'Show me my code' button below. Please try again after 20:00pm UK time on 6th October 2022 when we expect the issue to be resolved.

Edited by BTP

14 hours ago, abacab said:

Not everyone owns Komplete, so Massive might be new for them! :)

That would describe me, and, well, color me PSYCHED to get a free license for it! Since I returned to making electronic music, I've been perfectly happy with the synths I've been using (Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, XPand!2, A|A|S Player, TAL Noisemaker), but there are certain ones that tower over the rest when it comes to reputation in the EDM world (Massive, Serum, and Omnisphere are the first that come to my mind).

Having Massive makes many signature genre sounds available to me. I don't necessarily always want to use signature sounds, but every genre has them and they can trigger ideas. There's usually a reason why they became "signature" in the first place.

Plenty of free presets around for Massive, which is less the case for the other synths in my collection.

I know that there's a Massive X, which is the next generation, but hey, in terms of resource usage, give me the synth designed to run on systems that were state of the art 15 years ago.

I've only browsed a dozen patches or so, but I see what the fuss was about. Some inspiring timbres in there.

(sure am glad that the not-so-new Focusrite interface I bought had an unused serial number)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

That would describe me, and, well, color me PSYCHED to get a free license for it! Since I returned to making electronic music, I've been perfectly happy with the synths I've been using (Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, XPand!2, A|A|S Player, TAL Noisemaker), but there are certain ones that tower over the rest when it comes to reputation in the EDM world (Massive, Serum, and Omnisphere are the first that come to my mind).

Having Massive makes many signature genre sounds available to me. I don't necessarily always want to use signature sounds, but every genre has them and they can trigger ideas. There's usually a reason why they became "signature" in the first place.

Plenty of free presets around for Massive, which is less the case for the other synths in my collection.

I know that there's a Massive X, which is the next generation, but hey, in terms of resource usage, give me the synth designed to run on systems that were state of the art 15 years ago.

I've only browsed a dozen patches or so, but I see what the fuss was about. Some inspiring timbres in there.

(sure am glad that the not-so-new Focusrite interface I bought had an unused serial number)

I consider Massive X as a whole other synth, but just with the same name. If only for the CPU usage. Massive is still extremely capable and has earned its place amongst the VST super synths. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Massive X is not an evolution from Massive into a Massive 2, as it probably should have been. Rather, it is a whole new beast, and it's one of my least favorite new synths. And it is a bit harder on resources.

I cannot fathom why NI thought Massive X was a good idea?

And it was released years before it was finished. They finally added some features this year, including an updated browser,  that should have been in the initial release. And there is still no parameter automation beyond the macro controls. No user wavetable import. And no user ability to create and organize preset folders. Even 3rd party preset packs get dumped in the "User" folder without even using sub-folders.  WTH?

The Massive X fans just point at how great it sounds. Yes, that's quite important, but so is usability! I do like the large UI, but wish NI had spent the effort instead on upgrading the original Massive!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

looks like Massive gonna die soon like Absynth 😞

In fact, early in Sept. one retailer had a deal on an NI bundle that included FM8, Absynth, Massive, and I think something else--possibly FX.  I was interested, but I hesitated and several days later it was gone. (I think it was $29.99.)

• Sad 1