2022.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

59 minutes ago, scook said:

Instead on uninstall, try using the rollback installer provided in the product announcement.

Did that and It does not provide the full core installer of the latest version. 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, David Baay said:

I still get a stereo signal when selecting only L or R input from a Patch Point:

I can verify this. I was actually in the process of making a video on this.

Though: There seem to be a hit and miss happening. It collapse to mono, but as soon as you press stop and play again it goes back into stereo - untill you click on L or R again, but reverts back to Stereo when hitting stop and play again. 

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

I still get a stereo signal when selecting only L or R input from a Patch Point:

"Mono inputs from Patch Points and Aux Tracks

Prior to this release, if a track or bus had an input assigned to a mono input (L/R) from an AUX track or Patch Point, the input would always and include both left and right channels from the patch point when playing back. Patch point inputs now correctly include just the channel specified as a track input."

@David Baay please check your PM’s. we sent you some info and questions.

2 hours ago, Will. said:

I can verify this. I was actually in the process of making a video on this.

Though: There seem to be a hit and miss happening. It collapse to mono, but as soon as you press stop and play again it goes back into stereo - untill you click on L or R again, but reverts back to Stereo when hitting stop and play again. 

Can you send us a project with a repro? I cannot repro this.

6 hours ago, David Baay said:

I still get a stereo signal when selecting only L or R input from a Patch Point

Correcting the record for the benefit of others following along. This was my mistake. I had not updated both my machines as I thought. When I brought the project over to my updated laptop it worked as expected, and the desktop is now updated and working as well.

The only remaining question I have is that the track meter shows the stereo signal when armed for recording a mono input.

Edited by David Baay

34 minutes ago, David Baay said:

The only remaining question I have is that the track meter shows the stereo signal when armed for recording a mono input.

Probably because it is still in STEREO!

FWIW: Hit stop and play a few times, you will see it follows and then it separates. Its a hit and miss issue/bug or whatever. Close the DAW, Restart open CbB and its gone. 

Edited by Will.

18 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Can you send us a project with a repro? I cannot repro this.

Apologies.

I just figured out what caused the issue. Human error my side. Both the original and the Aux was active. Meaning in order to fully test this, the original track (track being sent) needs to be muted with only the aux track active to test this. 

I must have forgotten this on when updating to Build 027 testing this out.

On 10/8/2022 at 4:22 AM, scook said:

This thread was created for issues related to the 2022.09 only.

It’s been through the 2202.09 release cycle that the issue of the updated dlls was presented by the devs as well as instructions on how to update all of them by using the full installer. How to access the full installer however is still not clear despite a lot of discussion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Vogel said:

But that’s only the update installer, not the full application as per the release note’s instructions re updating all dlls. 

If you have the last version installed (2022.06), then updating to 2022.09 goes with an Update installer only. But if you have a version prior 2022.06, then calling an update to 2022.09 executes a full installer. Thus if you use the 2022.06 rollback (to 2022.02), then an installation of 2022.09 uses the full installer (if you have already updated to 2022.09, then you have to use the 2022.09 rollback (to 2022.06) first).

I agree that it is somehow complicate and I agree that the naming of the rollback installers are confusing, too. I usually rename the rollback installers to something like "Cakewalk_Rollback-to-2022.06.0.034" (this is the 2022.09 rollback installer for example). This name is more evident for me! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

53 minutes ago, marled said:

if you use the 2022.06 rollback (to 2022.02), then an installation of 2022.09 uses the full installer (if you have already updated to 2022.09, then you have to use the 2022.09 rollback (to 2022.06) first).

This seems to have worked. a lot of steps, but it worked.

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marled said:

I usually rename the rollback installers to something like "Cakewalk_Rollback-to-2022.06.0.034" (this is the 2022.09 rollback installer for example). This name is more evident for me! 😉

This is a really good idea, I think - it'd save a bit of confusion!

• Like 1

I have one called "Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Rollback_Setup_from_26.04.0.164_to_26.01.0.28.exe" but I am not sure if I renamed it or if it came like that. Can someone look at their holdings to see if it was named that from the download?  Thanks.

Edited by User 905133

Typo in the Release notes, both here in the forum and on the website: "Set Measure/Beat As Now" should be "Set Measure/Beat At Now". Unless there's also a feature named "... As...", which would be rather confusing - so probably a typo!

Small thing, but setting the beat "as now" is the opposite of setting it "at now" , so it might be wise to fix it.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 1:47 AM, Michael Vogel said:

But that’s only the update installer, not the full application as per the release note’s instructions re updating all dlls. 

There is no pressing need to update the signatures on the dll's. Thats really the only change.
There is no direct link to the full installer because it would be excessive load for everyone to download. If you really need it for some reason, contact support or uninstall and reinstall the application. You can also roll back 2 versions consecutively and then update again and it should fetch the full installer.

• Like 1