Missing synth

steve dykins

Hi, can anyone help please. Just recently I have moved all my tracks to another pc as a backup machine. I have steven slate drums 5 on both machines when I open the moved track in the backup I get a box saying missing synth I did have a work around with some tracks where by if I right clicked on the ssd5 track it gives an option to reinstall the missing synth to all tracks that are using it I've then saved it and had no box come up when opening again.but on some tracks wont have it.i have tried saving it as a different name but can't get rid of the damn thing does anyone know how to solve this please.

I can't say what's exactly going wrong in your case, but I have had it happen that I was accidentally using the VST2 version of an instrument on system A, then built system B and (as one does) installed the VST3 version of the instrument.

At which point Cakewalk complained that the synth was missing when I tried to load a project (that used the same synth) from the old system on the newer one. This is even though Cakewalk is supposed to automatically substitute VST3's in when both versions are available. Apparently the rule (if it's a rule and not a bug) is that if you start a project using the VST2 version, your project is going to need to continue using the VST2 version. My guess is that it probably goes the other way, too.

So check and make sure you have the same configuration of VST2 vs. VST3 installed on both systems.